Mind and Body symptoms due to anxiety and panic. Check it out!

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
carrieiris

Re: Mind and Body symptoms due to anxiety and panic. Check i

Post by carrieiris » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:04 pm

Thank you. I'll will definitely keep posting my progress. My boyfriend and my family don't seem to understand me. And everyone is getting frustrated with me because I can't go anywhere and when I have panic attacks I stress everyone else out. They tell me to stop and I'm just making things up. Nobody seems to understand. Is there anything you can recommend to help this situation? My relationship is going down hill and I don't know what to say to people that don't understand?

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:16 pm

Carrie,when you go out,or think about going out do you worry about having an attack? Are you afraid someone will see you freaking out :shock: ? Afraid of embarrassment? If so you can stop worrying, its all part of anxiety. Thats how it was for me. It was fear of panic that made me panic :o . I was anticipating the next attack,then the symptoms would kick in.I would start getting light headed,queezy and a sense of unreality,that turned into my negative thinking (you know) was I having a heart attack was it a brain tumor do I have cancer Im going to die of go crazy...whew....... its all so exausting . Lesson 2 will shed alot of light on this for you so hang in there.Its hard for people to understand anxiety disorders until they actually experience it for themselves. I really dont have any advice on that subject. You could probably talk to one of the coaches for that. Dont worry its getting better all the time and on a side note your not going crazy because crazy people dont know their crazy :D :D :D

carrieiris

Post by carrieiris » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:35 pm

Yea that's exactly how I feel! Haha I'm getting better everyday and I am so thankful that I have people like you guys to understand me! :) I didn't have one panic attack yesterday and that's because I talked myself through it. Lets just hope I can do it again :)

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:33 pm

Thats great! You can do it 8-)

carrieiris

Post by carrieiris » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:42 pm

The program says to exercise? How do I do that if I can't go out of the house and I can't stand up that long because I get dizzy or I'm scared of my heart beating fast?

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:22 pm

Before you exercise, listen to your relaxation cd then try moderate exercise(sit-ups ,crunches,push-ups,squats etc.) things you can do inside. dont try to run a marathon just do something to release those ' feel good' endorphines.It also help burn up energy and adrenelin from anxiety.

carrieiris

Post by carrieiris » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:50 pm

I did it! I made it into the grocery store. We didn't stay in there long but I managed to get my shopping done! Yay!

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:28 pm

Kudos ........Kudos....... ;)

carrieiris

Post by carrieiris » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:59 am

Is it weird that I felt calm until a little bit ago and feeling calm gave me anxiety because I am always anxious and I thought something was wrong with me? Idk I feel really spacey and my mind is not racing which I weird to me so it gave me anxiety???..

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:04 am

I used to do the same thing. I guess because our anxiety is up for so long it becomes the norm. Then on those rare occasions that we do relax we freak out because were not anxious :o . I know its not funny to you now but when I read your post it made me smile. As you recover your gonna look back and smile or even laugh at the symptoms your having now.So pat yourself on the back,Hey you had a pretty good day and you did relax a little!!!!!!! ;)

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”