Scary thoughts...

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
ThePaperPlate

Post by ThePaperPlate » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:16 am

So I am on week 10, obsessive/scary thoughts, this has alway been my weak area. i live with scary/obsessive thought running through my brain every moment I'm awake. It's goes from me being sick and going to die (right now I have a pain in my neck and I'm think blood clot), to something bad happening to one of my kids, to the end of the world. I just hate not having control over thing I'm not suppose to control. I've listened to session 10 about 8 times now and I just can't seem to get a grip on this. I don't know what to do. I has completely ruined my life. I want so badly to be the person that I was, the wife that I was and the mother that I was. When is this cd going to kick in and make me stop thinking this way? :(

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:57 am

I know what u mean, feel like I'm just barely making it thru the day, enduring every single moment to the point that its painful to live this way and to feel like there is no end to this cycle - I want to be free and feel alive once again - this hurts too much

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:56 am

I feel the same way, I am so tired of not being able to enjoy life. I want to enjoy just going out to dinner. I want to stop waking up and thinking, I can't wait until the day is over. Any suggestions?

Dana Gann

Post by Dana Gann » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:07 pm

I know exactly how u feel - basically and barely enduring the day and just wishing it could be like the old days - though I have better days I often feel so drained by the end of the day of fighting with all these unwanted and unwelcomed thoughts that I have no stregth for anything else - I do pray and ask God to help me thru it all (though at times he seems so far, I know he's not) and just know that some how, some way, some day (soon!!!) this too shall pass - blessings to all

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:29 am

Hi all,'
I understand and have been battling these thoughts as well. what has helped is to NOT try to stop teh thought, but to allow it to be there and NOT react to it or overly underreact to it. First, do the relaxation tape, then immediately distract, distract, distract yourself. and do it all day long! hope this helps!

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”