good day vitamins jitters/using zoloff anyone?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
nickerbacker

Post by nickerbacker » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:29 am

has anyone who tried the good day vitamins at first had the jitters from the 5-htp? if so how long did it last and is this normal to feel this way at first? i like the way i feel but i worry weather or not to stop taking them.

anyone on zoloff and if so how is it working for you. i feel i need more than just vitamins for my depression. i need some answers please help me i feel so alone out there!!!!

John61

Post by John61 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:40 am

Are you taking Zoloft? What dose are you taking.

You have to be careful of Serotonin Syndrome taking 5-HTP with an SSRI like Zoloft.

nickerbacker

Post by nickerbacker » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:48 am

i am not taking it yet and if i did i would wati at least two weeks before i started it anyway. thanks

TL7

Post by TL7 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:02 am

I didn't have the jitters at all. Are you taking the vitamins with food?
"If you want it, you got it... you just have to believe....believe in yourself" Lenny Kravitz

6mcdanie

Post by 6mcdanie » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:29 am

I just joined this forum to reply to this question because I have had just amazing improvement for depression with omega-3 fatty acids from flaxseed. This is found in Uncle Sam cereal (for one), which I get at Jewel/Albertsons. I also take cymbalta every day, so meds are important, too, but they just didn't do the whole trick for me 100%. The omega-3 cereal really makes a big difference. I get it at Albertsons/Jewel, but if you can't find it, they also have flaxseed meal at health food stores that you can put in your own cereal, and I also see it is included in some oatmeal now. I like the Uncle Sam because I'm diabetic and it doesn't have any sugar. Good luck!

Missy555

Post by Missy555 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:30 am

I’m on week three of Zoloft, and im feeling better so far. I started off on 50 for one week and went up to 100 ( plus was giving xanax the lowest dose)my anxiety was so bad worrying about everyone else’s problem and then thinking that i would do what they did, and feeling alone. I recently went through miscarriage number 4 in Nov and in Dec my anxiety hit full force. It takes time with any medication and works different with everyone. I suggest you call your doctor and talk to him about this and see what they suggest before you get so far caught up in your anxiety

sassafraz

Post by sassafraz » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:40 am

The ginseng that's in the good day vitamins acts as a stimulant and can trigger anxiety and panic attacks in susceptible people, so I don't know why they put that in there.

thishastohelp

Post by thishastohelp » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:00 am

I am currently taking Holy Basil, St John's Wort, and "Total Calm"- a combo med but am not seeing much for results. I know they all can take weeks to work but am getting impatient. I am going to stop all of them and try what was sent starting tom. Did it take awhile 4-6wks like most other supplements to work? Does anyone out there take Amitryptelene and/or Lorazepam? I have them and am thinking of starting them again as well. It's so hard to know what to do? Thanks!

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”