Good news

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Dave L.

Post by Dave L. » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:37 am

I know I am getting better. This morning I was reading the book "The Power or Positive Living" by Dr. Peale. At the end of chapter seven Peale is telling about his experience with a fellow named Ben. The story struck me as so very funny I started laughing and had the first real belly laugh in years. It just came out so clean and natural. It was the greatest high! I want more. After allowing myself time to laugh and laugh and laugh I just knew I am on the road to recovery. Dave L.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:46 am

Oh that IS good news. When my sense of humor returned and I started finding humor in things and laughing out loud again I knew I was getting better. It's a very good sign.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:59 am

Dave, thank you for posting this! In the "spiritual" section, I posted something I recvd entitled "laughter". I've realized that I forgot how to laugh..really laugh..belly laugh! and this post you submitted here has confirmed that I am NOT alone in this. Anxiety/depression takes it's toll and WE DO forget how to relax, laugh and enjoy ourselves. So, I look forward to the time that I can post this achievement..That's AWESOME for you, let yourself go and enjoy your life!!!!

Blessings to you Dave,
Robin

lost_1

Post by lost_1 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:33 am

Congrats!! That is just great!!! I can totally understand the feeling of a really good laugh. Not just laughing along with everyone else!

Mello Nello

Post by Mello Nello » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:27 am

What a wonderful post to read this afternoon! I had that moment about a week ago. I cannot remember what I was watching but pure, natural, belly laughter came bursting out of me. It was the most wonderful feeling I have felt in months. Last night when I was feeling a bit down, I said to myself "Ok..you can either sit here and be angry, cry, and go to bed in a bad mood, or you can put in a funny movie or read something inspirational." With those options I gave myself, I watched a skit of Dane Cook. Although some people may not find him humorous, I was laughing and smiling for a good 35 minutes. Needless to say, I woke up in a good mood this morning :)

Hope more laughter and smiles come your way.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:55 am

Thank you all for the congrats. I find I can recapture some of that high by just remembering that moment of freedom from self. I think I will smoke a good cigar. Dave L.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:23 am

Dave you likely will have no idea who I am as I have been absent for a couple of months at least but I had to say way to go and I wish you so many more belly laughs as you move through the program.

I graduated in December of 08 and am a changed person who laughs again so I do know how special thios moment was for you.

Keep up the great effort.
Best wishes to you for a long and happy life full of belly laughs. :)

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:47 am

monty'smom Where the blue birds sing. I started this road to recovery on December of 08 just as you were finishing. I have read some of your posts so I do feel I know you some. Thanks for helping all of us who are in the midst of the battle. Do you remember the song that says Mr. Blue Bird's on my shoulder, it's the truth, it's actual, every thing is satisfactual etc. It is a happy song I sing when I am down. Well thanks again . Dave L.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:05 am

:D :D Hi Dave!

I am so glad that you had a good laugh and hope this will be a daily thing for you. I know I feel good after a real good belly laugh. Even with my depression and anxiety, I have occasion to belly laugh. Thank God I work with 2 of my best friends.

Keep laughing!!!!!!

Superman

Post by Superman » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:38 am

Jody , there is nothing like a belly laugh.I had forgotten how uplifting it is to feel it coming from deep inside and just bubbling out of my soul. I wish I could make it happen at will but it seems to be a rare bird. Thanks Jody. Dave L.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”