Bladder Problems

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Irish123

Post by Irish123 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:48 am

Does anyone know exactly how anxiety and stress can increase the output of urine and the urge to urinate? It just doesnt seem possible to me.
This has been a horrible symptom I have been dealing with for two months now on top of a bloated stomach and I just feel like the doctors are missing something. They havent tested my throyid or adrenals and I keep worrying that something is wrong with them. Thanks so much!

Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:47 am

I believe anxiety/stress can cause urinary frequency by affecting the nerves that control the bladder. Sometimes for me when I am nervous/anxious, I urinate often.

Insist to the doctors to have the tests done. My suggestion is not to mention anxiety (if you haven't already.) Why? Because some doctors, when they hear someone has anxiety, will just say it is due to anxiety and not to do the test. For me I want them to do the test, get the results, then tell me everything is ok physically. I can then deduce for myself it is anxiety.

liberal1964

Post by liberal1964 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:49 am

Acording to my Urologist, anxiety sometime causes the muscle that controls urination to contract. this sends a signal to the brain that you have to urinate. He prescribed Uroxitrol and for the most part, it helps a lot. But i still have the problem when i'm over stressed, even if i'm taking the medication.

Bill

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”