Eye Floaters

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Coco2

Post by Coco2 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:38 am

Thank you very much for your replies!!!

What I am experiencing is more of a "shimmer blur" like a floater, same size and shape but it looks more like a dot of water on a tv or computer screen or when the sun hits metal but not that strong. It is a little freaky!

Does that make sense?

Coco :)

WhenwillIlearn

Post by WhenwillIlearn » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:45 am

Have you been to an eye doctor? It also sounds like it could be a visual migraine.
I would get another doctor's opinion, as well as what we have to say here, since we are not doctors.
Bek

catdr71

Post by catdr71 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:23 pm

hi coco, i have had this greyish black floater in my right eye for about 9 months now and my panic and anxiety issues started about 13 months ago really bad so who knows, maybe they are related some how. my floater is small and almost perfectly round, greyish in color and when i try to look directly at it it always floats away so i cant. my eye doctor said it should go away on its own but it hasnt yet. pretty scarey and annoying so i know how you feel. try not to worry but get some proffesional advice to ease your mind. take care and good luck, cathy

JodyLynn

Post by JodyLynn » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:13 pm

Hi Coco, Just wanted to say I have always had spots in my eyes when I close them. They are different shapes and colors and when I try to follow them with my eyes they go in the direction i'm trying to look but just ahead of where I'm looking. I just had one that was like a big odd shaped bubble. Have no idea what causes it but just thought everyone had them. I don't know tho, maybe you should check it out just to ease your mind. Jody

PAgirl09

Post by PAgirl09 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:17 am

Coco....I have the same thing, it's sort of like a shimmer, right? My eye dr told me it was nothing to worry about. I also have the dark floaters, which aren't a problem, either, just an annoyance. Usually I'll get the shimmer when I'm stressed or it's an indication that a headache is about to start. You talked to your dr and he told you that it's nothing, so I wouldn't worry about it anymore. You know that it won't hurt you, so try not to worry. You see your dr this month and he said he'll talk to you in greater detail then. Wish you the best!

Coco2

Post by Coco2 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:30 am

Thanks you guys, I really appreciate the input!!!
I see my doctor next week, I will let you know what he says.

Coco :)

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”