Anxiety and birth control

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Russo21

Post by Russo21 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:35 am

Hi ladies,

I have been on the Nuva Ring for the past couple of years (right around when I started having problems with anxiety). I have recently thought about going off my birth control to see if it helps with my anxiety. I'm thinking that maybe hormonal birth control is not a good idea for someone with anxiety/depression problems. Anyone out there notice their anxiety improve when they went off the Ring (or other hormonal birth control)?

Mello Nello

Post by Mello Nello » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:08 pm

Honestly, before my hysterectomy, I was on the pill and I found that my pms was not as bad while on the pill.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:43 am

I had the Mirena IUD for about 8 months and my anxiety was pretty bad. I decided to get it out and just let my body get back to normal without any kind of hormones and I see a difference in my anxiety! It has been alot less and I haven't had all the dizzyness I was having or any of that. I notice that I do have worse anxiety troubles when it is close to my cycle though.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:36 pm

I also have Mirena for about 6 months and I don't think I can really blame my anxiety on that. I started having anxiety before when I was pregnant.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”