I'd love to help.

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
coley429

I'd love to help.

Post by coley429 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:09 pm

Hey everyone, if any of you see this and need some extra support or advice just send me a message. I'm in recovery and its a dream of mine to help others recover as well. :) So if any of you need anything i'm here and ready to help

klbenner

Re: I'd love to help.

Post by klbenner » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:24 am

I have the program but can't seem motivated to listed to the tapes and do the workbook. I need help in this area ;)

coley429

Post by coley429 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:30 pm

If you need motivation to start the program all you need to do is remember why you bought the program in the first place. My guess is, it wasn't to have the program collect dust while you stay miserable. You want to get over this miserable condition and you want to start living a life you can be proud of. All it takes is an open mind and about 45 minutes in your day. You can listen to them while shopping or exercising, while doing anything really. I struggled with the work book as well, but i promise you it will help you have a little more insight as to why you have this problem and how to change it. Just take the first step and listen to the first session. I promise you once you start going, changing and learning you'll never want to stop. Feel free to private message me any questions you might have. :)

daniele1986

Post by daniele1986 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:48 pm

Hi coley,
Glad your doing well and in recovery. I on the other hand am having a hard time. I was so far into the program and took a break and now find myself starting all over again. I was doing so well too but now I have this set back. I wanted to know some of your coping methods. And does your anxiety still come back from time to time? Thanks hope to hear back from you.

Daniele

coley429

Post by coley429 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:14 pm

Daniele,
my name is also Danielle. Only with two Ls. I am sorry that you had to start all over i had to do the same thing quite a few times. Set backs or "growth spurts" as Lucinda calls them, are pretty such inevitable. But you have to just take those set backs and use them as a lesson and motivation to keep going. I sometimes get angry that i had a setback because i am tired of starting over and that motivates me to try harder and again and again. just remember that this is a process and it will take a few months or so to fully recover once you get rolling. I usually cope by having a list of positive empowering quotes and another list of all the things i have accomplished thus far that i would have never been able to do before. It will really help you to focus on the journey ahead and also focus on not letting those random old thoughts set you back. Just remember, you can never go back to the same way you were. You have all these skills now that you can use to stop those thoughts and control a situation. Id love to speak with you more whenever you need me. I'm here :)

Danielle (coley429)

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”