fear of doctors

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
lindasue

fear of doctors

Post by lindasue » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:09 pm

Hi,
Im new to the program any suggestions on how to over come a fear of going to the doctor.

coachjanine

Re: fear of doctors

Post by coachjanine » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:46 am

Hi Lindasue. this is coach Janine. Being afraid of doctors is part of the anticipatory anxiety, which is so common with anxiety sufferers. We make up lies about all of the things that we think are wrong with our health, and then become afraid that the doctor will confirm it. It would be helpful if you wrote out your negative thoughts and change them into ones that are TRUE. It is good to be up to date on your physicals and gyn appts. When the doctor tells you that you are healthy....believe him/her! And lastly, it might be helpful to tell the Dr. that you have anxiety. I am glad you have the program. You are on your way to overcoming your fears! I am here if you have any questions.

Janine

lindasue

Post by lindasue » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:29 pm

Thank you that helps alot!!!!!

sadme25

Post by sadme25 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:55 am

Hi! I'm Jesse. I actually had a really bad experience w/ a psycritirst who turned out be a fraud. You can read my story on: http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Julio/2708039
I apologize I couldn't make a hyberlike so the best way to go to this link is to cut and paste this link on your server. It's true that are own thoughts cause feelings of depression and anxiety but there are always those negiative events that trigger such feelings fortately, I've found out that if I'm in the right fame of mind the magnitude of these events and I've been though some very tramatic events some in which, I never thought would pass. This particular situation occured when was actually trying to survive. It always seems that in negative situations/associations there are those who always seem to have the upper hand. Someone once told me, "Don't let anyone take your power." That's so true and it's lke what the program says. "Don't waste your precious present mommet" I have for too long have wasted my life because of what others have done/are doing to me. Well, that my take on it thank you,
Jesse :idea: ;)

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”