painic mode

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
bonita2243

painic mode

Post by bonita2243 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:37 am

i have been on this program for 5 months and i have been feeling good,until 2 days ago i guess i thought i was over with it but i guess i was wrong i have been stressed alot latley so i guess i should not be surprised just need someone to talk too.
mona

hopeful12

Re: painic mode

Post by hopeful12 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:12 pm

Hi Mona,

I can tell you it is completely normal to have bad days. Especially if you have been more stressed out and/or you have not been practicing the same (i.e. the relaxation tape, eliminating stimulants from your diet, and changing your negative self talk or exercising) I've had it happen before since I have been through the program about 10 years ago and now I am doing it again because of a "growth spurt." You really will be fine. Just go back to the basics, your breathing and using reassuring dialogue for any negative thought. Lucinda even says that this is often two steps forward and one step back. I take it as a reminder that this will be a life change not just a few months! Good Luck!

pearpickinporky

Post by pearpickinporky » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:00 pm

Although the program is 12 weeks, I think this is a life long thing that needs work, Everyone has bad days, don't worry about it, you'll get through it, you've did it before and you can easily do it again. :D

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:46 pm

Hi Mona:

Session Four deals with Expectations and I think that is where you are right now ?
Are you having unrealistic or unreasonable expectations ?

OBJECTIVES
SESSION FOUR

* Become more effective and less affected.
* Understand that our expectations are usually too high which creates much of our
anxiety and depression.
* Have a more realistic view of our world and ourselves.
* Be able to set realistic goals.
* Distinguish between healthy and unhealthy "shoulds".
* Realize we are responsible for how we feel.
* Recognize over-reactive responses.
* Recognize the four central themes in our beliefs that lead to anxiety
and depression.
* Recognize that our attitude, beliefs, and mis-beliefs are responsible for
much of our stress,anxiety and depression.
* Understand that depression is a medical condition that is very treatable
and become more comfortable with treatment choices.

I hope this helps and I hope you feel better soon.
Keep writing and we will be here for you.

Lynda :)

bonita2243

Post by bonita2243 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:41 am

thank you guys for that cause latley i have been feeling really down and started going back to the way i was, and i should know better i will go back and read 4 to remind my self of my expectation cause i been in panic mode for a couple of days now.
mona

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”