Why?! - 19 year old male

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
nbast05

Why?! - 19 year old male

Post by nbast05 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:56 am

Okay so I know that I definitely have anxiety and that I am 100 percent healthy, but I still worry about things!.... My mind thinks about every little thing... I choked on a piece of fruit the other day and I began to freak out that I was going to choke! Then, today I had a tough workout and all but I always think about is my heart rate! i literally check my heart rate or my pulse about 50 times a day! Its an obsession almost... I don't know why I do it i just do when I don't feel good! But I need to not fear something that isn't real and I need to trust God! I always tell myself to but never truly do! I needd to understand that nothing is wrong with me and it is okay to have a feeling of weirdness... and that everything will be okay... I was driving in my car and i got a pressure by my leftside of chest and my arm felt numb so I began to freak out and think I was having a heart attack... but nothing happened! I always have these feelingsb ut nothing ever happens! i need to get my mind to realize that noting is wrong! I am definitely getting better each day... but any response is welcome and appreciated

Paisleegreen

Re: Why?! - 19 year old male

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi--Yes, our thinking patterns can really freak us out sometimes and sometimes it is just the adrenaline that is causing us to feel anxious. Are you able to burn up energy? What are your eating habits? Also, do you have the program? Paislee

nbast05

Post by nbast05 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:54 pm

yess i can burn up energy fairly easy because i workout everyday... and i eat fairly ealthy because i am a collegiate athlete and yess i do have the program

redsfan

Post by redsfan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:24 pm

I have always had thoughts like that creaping into my mind from time and time again. The best advice i have is the blocking of the bad thought and trying to think about something else. Focus on the tv's or your music while you work out. That seems to help me. Remind youself of all of the times you have worked out and how many times your heart rate has been up. The body is strong, it can handle it. The more you have these thoughts, the more opportunity you have to deflect them. It takes time, but it gets better.

pjmorales

Post by pjmorales » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:57 pm

Im so sorry that you are so young going through this. I am the same way i hadnt had panic attacks in years then last week they started, i think i slept on my left arm wrong and my shoulder was killing me, so of course i assumed i was having a heart attack. And the other day i was having alot of anxiety so i took a xanax and it kinda makes u uncoordinated so i was slurring a little and i dropped something so of course i thought i was having a stroke. I dont know why we think that way and other people dont but we have to learn a new way to think. Do you have the program, i did it years ago and i know it helps. It takes a lot of work but it can help! I hope you get better because this is no way to live. Good luck to you and remember its all in your head!!

nbast05

Post by nbast05 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:27 am

Thanks you guys for the responses!... I started the program, but honestly I realized the program was just to help me understand that I am my own creator and that I can do it and get passed it... Today i felt absolutely great... not once did I check my pulse like i usually always do and I had a great day... things are definitely looking up :) GOD IS GREAT

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”