This will make you feel better~!!

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
LaceyM

Post by LaceyM » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:58 pm

I cannot begin to explain how much excercise helps me. I just wanted to share this with y'all because it works so well. I feel about a million times better when I work out. I sleep better, my legs feel more relaxed, my mind settles down and hey, I look better. I'm not talking about much. Sometimes I just walk up and down the street with my dog. I am totally out of shape but it still makes me feel so good!
On one of my really bad "spells" my body felt so depressed. It felt like I had weights on my arms and legs and I just felt like dying on the couch. I knew it was anxiety so I decided to try working out. I couldn't do very much b/c my body felt so fatigued so I did a little on the treadmill.. about 30 seconds... and then I stretched for about a minute, then I worked out a little bit and stretched. I continued this for awhile and guess what... I felt much better! I felt like myself again the next day and I have learned when I am feeling bad to just go for a walk or run. You don't have to do much but do something! It REALLY helps!!!
and i promise you wont have a heart attack :) so don't be scared. i used to get really freaked out when my heart would beat fast so i wouldn't work out. now i just tell myself that my heart is used to that because of panic attacks and now i feel like i have a really strong heart and it feels good when its beating fast during a workout. im sure most of you have had EKGs and everything looks awesome anyways.

Ivyheart <><

Post by Ivyheart <>< » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:33 pm

Very encouraging, I know that I need to just get up and exercise!! Thanks for the boost!!

kathykat

Post by kathykat » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:58 pm

I want to add my encouragement for fellow suffers to get up and move and breath deeply. As someone wrote, even 30 seconds will help. Going outside for a walk really interuppts my unhealthy thinking, as well as gives me the benefits of movement. It really works. Let's keep trying.

Dalma

Post by Dalma » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:24 am

I can relate to that. I used to get really scared of working out due to my fatigue I thought I was going to be able to breathe. Well, started doing low impact aerobics for 20 mins little by little and know I do about 30 mins...every other day.. Yes it helps a lot, and I'm stil breathing, my symptoms are less bothersome but even though some of them are still there, it feels much better and with time my symptoms will fade.

sunbound

Post by sunbound » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:18 am

What a great testimonial, Lacey! I need to remember that when I'm having my low moments. I think I have to do a 1/2 hour or nothing, but it's good to know that even 30 seconds or minutes or just stretching helps!

I have been walking almost every day during the week and it has made a huge difference!

Keeping the Faith

Post by Keeping the Faith » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:12 am

I've been walking on my two 15 min breaks at work and then trying to do at least 1/2 hour of something (aerobics, yoga, stationary bike) at home and it DOES help.

The walking is helping me get over my vertigo/lightheadedness. I make sure I completely relax my arms and shoulders when I walk and by the time I get back to my desk, I feel great!

Anything helps!

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”