I made a huge accomplishment!

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Sidd

Post by Sidd » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:37 am

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to report in and let you know that I think this stuff is really working! I'm starting session 9 today and yesterday....I drove my 10 y/o daughter down to Cape Cod (2hrs away) alone with just her in the car. This was huge for me because a few months ago, I got it in my head that I couldn't put her in harms way with me driving on the highway two hours away and have a panic attack. For 2 weeks this thought haunted me every morning upon waking. I knew she had to go visit her friend and I wanted to be able to drive her, but I felt too panicy and spacey to even consider the idea. Yesterday, I just bit the bullet and did it. I had some panic for about 30 minutes and it was maybe a level 3-4 panic while driving on the highway...some visual changes, heart palpations, some spaciness, but I continued to do positive self talk, reminding myself that it was only adrenelin and that I would be just fine, I told myself over and over to just "float" and that seemed to help. I hope I did it right and that I will be able to reduce panic to that level for now on because aside from maybe 3-5 quick second "Oh My God" thoughts, I could really handle it all! After I dropped her and she was safely running along with her friend...I drove home on the worse highway with Sunday traffic coming home from the Cape and I never even experienced a negitive thought! I was flying high when I reached home. So .... everyone....let's keep the faith and I can't wait to see how much progress we all make over the course of this program.
I hope everyone is doing well!!
Lynn

Jess303

Post by Jess303 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:45 am

Awesome Job!!!!!!!!! I wish I was that far along........Stay postive....Gamer

PVF

Post by PVF » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 am

You will continue to improve more and more. Good for you. Isn't it a great feeling??!!

epa

Post by epa » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:15 am

Great Job!! So happy for your accomplishment!
ATTITUDE -- The mind is like a parachute...it doesn't work unless it's open!!

sparkplug

Post by sparkplug » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:38 am

That's wonderful! Great job, keep up the good work! :)

Dana Gann

Post by Dana Gann » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:20 pm

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

CONGRATULATIONS!

You give us all hope! WELL DONE!!!!

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:31 pm

Sidd,
Fantastic for You! You should be so proud of yourself. Applause, applause, applause... :)

Lisa

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:22 pm

THANK YOU ALL!!!! I swear the support from this group has helped out tremendously! Thanks again. I'll keep in touch.

Lynn

p.s. I'm going to do it all again tomorrow and pick her up from the Cape! Fingers crossed it all works out just as well.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:51 pm

p.s. I'm going to do it all again tomorrow and pick her up from the Cape! Fingers crossed it all works out just as well.

Lynn...My theme for the week is having POSITIVE expectations...therefore, I say..."of course you'll have the return drive to the Cape work out just as well (if not better :p) than your previous drive!! EXPECT that outcome and don't allow any other option enter into your thoughts!!
Have a great time...windows down, music turned up and summer breezes blowing thru your hair!! :)
ENJOY!!

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:12 pm

Hey Sid, Good for you!

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”