Scared Of Choking

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
artistguy

Post by artistguy » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:52 am

I have the Dr Liebgold book and it is an interesting read. I am sure the generalized anxiety and depression are making it worse.

artistguy

Post by artistguy » Mon May 05, 2008 5:56 am

Boon, what was the therapy you sought for it and did it work and what did it entail?

Boon

Post by Boon » Mon May 05, 2008 6:31 am

In 1976 there were very few books out and I didn't know of any of them. I had a very good therapist that I saw weekly. She comforted me with words and we talked and I shared each week. It just took time to pass (as all things do pass, Artistguy.) But with her support I was able to function and survive until it finally did pass. If I had had this program and that of Dr. Liebgold I am convinced I would have been able to overcome this much sooner.

Soothe yourself. How you talk to yourself is very, very important. You can love yourself no matter what you are going through. You can be kind to yourself no matter what. How would you talk to a small child going through the same thing? That's how you talk to yourself.
"Life is not about comfort. It is about living." Dr. Howard Liebgold

artistguy

Post by artistguy » Mon May 05, 2008 6:37 am

Many thanks. That has given me some hope.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”