Hi New here

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Sensitive Soul

Post by Sensitive Soul » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:23 am

Hi im Sensitive Soul thought i would register to try to sort Me out.
I am very sensitive, and i feel over the last year i have lost who i am, have a wonderful hubby and kids, home life great, i have friends
more online which i value, but im starting to get paronoid about what people think of me!,I think too much lol and get lonely.
I need to except myself more, as i am a nice person , will help anyone if i can , but lacking in confidence.
Any advice or help welcomed.
Thank you
Sensitive Soul x

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:19 am

I did the program and highly suggest it if ou do not own it already. Also I have suggested these books in the past and still have them in my library. They are awesome to improve YOUR self perception and esteem. You can check the reviews on amazon.com for yourself. These books really were a wonderful addition to the program that helped me SEE and BELIEVE that I could be a confident person if I could just calm the irrational critic and believe in me.

Self Esteem: A Proven Program of Cognitive Techniques for Assessing, Improving, and Maintaining Your Self-Esteem (Hardcover)
by Matthew McKay (Author), Patrick Fanning (Author)

The Self-esteem Companion: Simple Exercises to Help You Challenge Your Inner Critic & Celebrate Your Personal Strengths (Paperback)
by Patrick Fanning (Author), Carole Honeychurch (Author), Catharine Sutker (Author), Matthew McKay (Editor)

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:09 pm

Welcome to the Site Sensitive Soul:)
I agree with schnauzermom completely! Get the program if you dont have it! I used to worry about the same thing, what people thought of me.
I lost track of who i really was for years trying to please everyone enough that they would like me..
Thats NOT good self esteem! This program helped me realize there are going to be people who dislike me, or think im weird, etc. lol
But thats just me and who I am and I LIKE me now!!! I also figured out, how to be ME! The program helped me with all that.. So again, Glad to have you here!!! Nelly:)

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:58 am

Hi SS,
I am very much like you and am on week 5 of the program. I stay home full time with my kids and have found that has been the root of many of my insecurities of worrying what others think of me, if they like me, and if my friends in this small community include me on social things or not. for whatever reason, i haven't felt as valuable as a woman with my job being a full time mom. i still struggle with it but it's definitely one of the things that i'm trying to get over too. so, here's to us! we can do it and be our true selves!
Jeanie

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:46 am

Welcome Sensitive Soul,

I TOO am very sensitive and am learning to calm down and UNDER react to people and situations as much as possible. I am basically learning to make loving choices for myself which removes being a victim. Being a victim has created a lot of pain and anxiety in my life. Instead, I focus on empowerment, and what I 'CAN' do.

Anyhow, God's not done with me yet...I'm far from where I want to be but WAY closer than where I was.

Warm blessings,
Danielle
:-)

blueleaves

Post by blueleaves » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:33 am

Hi Sensitive Soul,

I am very much like you as well. There are a lot of people who are like us and that is what this program is here for. I am not very far through the program, but can see that the tools are very worthwhile for sensitive people like ourselves. So if you can, get the program. It will help you to realize that everything has to start within you.

Best wishes,
Beth

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”