Anticipatory anxiety @ class reunion

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
bevhembree

Post by bevhembree » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:31 am

Gosh, I've been dreading my 20 year class reunion this summer when I got a letter in the mail today saying it's a month from today! I'm so torn. I would hate to miss it. It will probably be fun, but I'm 40 pounds over the skin and bones I used to be- and it's all in the stomach area. I got pregnant right after high school and had a child out of wedlock which turned out fine but I'm sure that there are still some who haven't forgotten and will have there nose in the air. I was never popular- was the brain of the class. I am a stay-at-home mom now, but have my CPA license. I'm sure they all have wonderful jobs. I hate that "what have you done with your life" question. I don't think I have anything in common with those people anymore, and don't want to go and be miserable. But I don't want to miss it either. What's wrong with me???
"Here and happy because of my three little angels- Marie, Chad and Cady."

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:53 am

I didn't go to my 20 year reunion either. I was feeling to nervous and thought I hed to many things going wrong in my life at the time. Now it's 3 years later and I always wonder if I missed out by not going. You can't get the time back and I'm sure no one is as worried about what you look like etc. as you are. I'm sure everyone is nervous and has some problems. KK3

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:27 am

Originally posted by KK3:
I didn't go to my 20 year reunion either. I was feeling to nervous and thought I hed to many things going wrong in my life at the time. Now it's 3 years later and I always wonder if I missed out by not going. You can't get the time back and I'm sure no one is as worried about what you look like etc. as you are. I'm sure everyone is nervous and has some problems. KK3
Fake it! Go to that Reunion and fake the confidence, smile and talk about your life and family as if they are the best things in the world. Make a game of it. Do not tell one untruth and have a wonderful time. Don't worry, these things that you are faking will come to pass in your life, give it time.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:51 am

Watch Romy and Michelle's Class Reunion. Lisa Kudrow is in it and it is a very funny and most of the time true view on class reunions. I thought it was halarious! Just be yourself and if people do not like it, so what. People come and go and that is life. I keep in touch with a lot of people from school and people I did not really care for, I now talk to. It is crazy. Most of the time, people are trying to pretend to be something they are not to impress. I do not feel the need to impress anyone, just be real! I am going to the Steeler game tomorrow and I will not pretend to be anyone but a fan having a great time!

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”