Can anyone relate to this?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
hunter

Post by hunter » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:02 pm

Hello-
I have been kind of up and down lately, not really feeling too great about my progress lately. I have realized that 1 of my biggest issues is not dealing with things. I do not deal with my thoughts, it is like I ignore them. It is kind of hard to explain but like when I want to verbalize my thoughts it is very difficult for me. It is just like I avoid them. Does this make sense at all to anyone?

Thanks

BronzeStar45

Post by BronzeStar45 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:43 pm

Makes perfect sense to me. You feel slow and not sharp...You want to say one thing but another comes out! Its very frustrating because you think people notice (atleast I think that) Its ok to feel that way! just relax and focus and understand that this will get better. Write your thoughts down and read them if you have to. It has come to that point with me and it works! Good Luck and God Bless

aleisa123

Post by aleisa123 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:48 pm

I can relate to not dealing with things. For years I think I just dealt with things enough to get by, but I really have been holding on to the past and not letting go. Right now I am trying to accept that the past is the past and I can't change it. I also cannot continue to feel sorry for myself or feel like the world owes me because I had a crappy childhood. It's up to me now to nurture and care for myself. I also have difficulty with my feelings. Like I hhave been so out of touch with them for so long, I'm not sure what I am actually feeling. I hope this helps you know you are not alone.

LizMomof4

Post by LizMomof4 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:19 pm

I can relate too. I try to ignore things and I often don't deal with them until its either too late or it snowballs into a huge mess. I'm just too paralyzed with indecision most of the time to even know what to do. I have to learn to not be so rough on myself at times too. I think part of the reason I'm paralyzed is I'm afraid I will make a mistake and if I make a mistake I tend to really beat myself up about it.

hunter

Post by hunter » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:31 pm

Thanks for the replies. It makes me feel better that I'm not alone on this one. I just get lost in my thoughts sometimes and it is very hard for me to get back in the present moment. Writing your thoguhts down does sem to help though and also talking out loud helps for me too, sometimes it is just so hard to get the motivation though I think becuase I am so used to just ignoring my thoughts

Mello Nello

Post by Mello Nello » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:51 pm

Hunter,
Try to start a journal, beleive it or not,, you can express your thoughts by writing them, it helps us see them, face them and deal with them.
Journaling is a way of relieving ourselves of frustration and the thoughts that go with them.. Just try it! let me know how it goes,, Welcome to the site, Nelly:)

Amy1010

Post by Amy1010 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:45 am

Hunter,

I think I know exactly what you are talking about. I do the same thing all the time. I let things build up inside of me and I am thinking about so many different things at the same time. But then it is really hard to say what I am thinking. I agree with Nelly about starting a journal. It helps to write your thoughts down and get them out of your head. I also found that if there is something real important I have to say to someone and I am having trouble expressing myself, then I write them a short letter telling them how I am feeling.

What you are feeling is definately anxiety and if you work on this program, I am sure you will start feeling better real soon. Good Luck. :)

Amy1010

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”