Fear of being alone

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
struggling Christian

Post by struggling Christian » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:19 am

I am divorced. My husband didn't understand my condition with depression and anxiety. I feel like my condition keeps me from dating because I fear nobody will understand me or put up with me but I fear being alone for the rest of my life. I only make things worse for myself. I have developed a problem with clutter and I know no man will want to deal with that either. I am feeling a little hopeless right now about things.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:55 am

Hi Struggling Christian--A bunch of us is struggling with clutter and we invite you to participate with us as we work through it.

How bad is your clutter? How long have you been divorced?
I noticed you joined in 2007. How far did you get in the Program if you have it?
Don't mind my questions, it is just a way to get to know you and understand your problems. :) Paislee

struggling Christian

Post by struggling Christian » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:15 pm

I got maybe half way through the program but I'm trying to start over again and work my way through. My clutter is pretty bad. I get overwhelmed with it. I have been divorced for about 3 or 4 years now.

SilverLining

Post by SilverLining » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:04 pm

My dear sister,

You are more precious than diamonds or pearls and well worth being with. Just because your previous husband was not compassionate doesn't mean there isn't someone else out there for you. You deserve to be loved for who you are, just as you are, and that starts with accepting yourself, just like you are.

Don't worry about the clutter - just sift through a bit at a time and you will be amazed how far you will have come in a few months time.

Just trust in the Lord to bring you a mate and He'll help you with the other stuff too.
Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:31 am

I ditto Silverlining. It will all work together as you continue working on yourself and your fears. You can do it. :)

struggling Christian

Post by struggling Christian » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:33 am

Thank you for your replies. I have low self-esteem that has been a problem for me for a long time and this condition makes it worse. Thanks for the encouragement.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”