Nosebleeds with anxiety?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
BethDyess

Post by BethDyess » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:07 pm

I have been getting nosebleeds. I notice it is when I am stressed? I have checked my blood pressure and everything seems ok there.

Can nose bleeds be caused by anxiety?

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:11 am

Try here,

http://www.emedicinehealth.com...leeds/article_em.htm

Get doc to look up there,even dry nasal membranes can cause it !!!

Best to you

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:44 pm

Wow I was just going to post something similar but came across your question before I posted my own. I woke up this morning to a bleeding nose. I have been having trouble with this off and on for years but here lately it seems to be more often. It's only on the left side when it happens. I was told that antihistamines can dry the mucus membranes up as well as dryness in the air you breath in your home. I have been using vasoline and when I can get a vaporizer to work I use those also and it will help a lot. I also started using a nasal moisturizer that seems to help also. I hadn't had any problems for several weeks until this morning but I quit moisturizing the inside of my nose and with the a/c on I am sure the combination is what caused it. I have never heard that anxiety can cause this problem so you have me curious now. I have dealt with anxiety most of my life some years worse than others. I am going to click on the link that Sit-N-Spin posted to see what that says. I don't know about you but when I get the nose bleeds it scares the crap out of me. Hang in there, you now have a friend out in cyberspace that knows just how you feel. God bless!

Susan

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”