Mind and Body symptoms due to anxiety and panic. Check it out!

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
can'tdanceandcan'trelax

Post by can'tdanceandcan'trelax » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:39 am

Hi everyone...I have been coming to this site for a while but I have only posted once and when I did somebody else posted that did not agree with what I said so I have been afraid to say anything else! Also, I do not have the program so I feel like I am intruding if I post anything. We anxious people are just so sensitive! I see myself in so many of you, I actually found this site because I googled "jumping in chest" in desperation. I have had GAD, depression and acid reflux for about 5 years and IBS forever! I have had almost all of these symptoms at one time or another. I can sooo sympathize with the comments on here about frequent urination, I had this for the first time a few months ago until I was sure I had a UTI. So, back to my GP I go (who is very tired of seeing me) and suprise!...nothing is wrong! I remember sitting there with my head hanging down-at my lowest point and asking"can you think yourself into a UTI?" and she said, "I guess anything is possible." I thought ...I have to be the craziest person in this world-not even worth being alive. A few days later I found this site. I want you all to know that reading these posts has helped me more than any medicine or therapy or anything. It is just sooo wonderful to know you are not the only one. Please keep putting your comments on here no matter how insignificant you think they are, they are helping someone like me somewhere! Sorry to be so long-winded. I have one symptom I have not seen anywhere so I wonder if anyone else has experienced feeling like your guts are shaking (ridiculous I know). I have had the jumping head, jumping heart, etc. and learned to deal with it. For some reason the most upsetting thing for me (right now) is the feeling right below my breasts (sorry so graphic) in the center feels like something is jumping or just not working right, usually when I am trying to sleep or read. Sometimes I have it when I am in the middle of doing something , too and it is just so unsettling I don't know if it has something to do with the acid reflux, it is not really painful just uncomfortable. Is this familiar to anyone? Thank you so much if you have taken the time to read this long, insane post.

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:59 am

Bumping up to those new to the forums :)
check out the long list of symptoms. It
has been very helpful to me.

Jill~

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:17 am

bumped ;)

louise bradshaw

Post by louise bradshaw » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:45 pm

Hi there, I have almost all the symptoms on your list and some! It is so helpful to see them listed together, I too am going to print and put up to remind me that I'm not going insane. Hopefully anyway, I am new to the forum and only joined tonight after awaking from sleep again with stomache cramps, sweating,wind and with my teeth chattering. I burst into tears and came online to try to calm myself down. Its 3.44am here. Thank you and God bless you.

VaBeachgirl

Post by VaBeachgirl » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:47 pm

Hi Louise, welcome! I too have lots of physical symptoms and have suffered with anxiety my entire life. I've found that it's getting worse and affecting how I relate to my husband and children which is what prompted me to check out this program and website. I was so glad to see so many of the weird, random physical symptoms that I've experienced on that list. I'm still getting everything checked out with my doctor. Good luck and God bless with your struggle...you're not alone.

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:06 am

As you who are working the program are coming along are you noticing that some of the symptoms are going away? I seem to be less dizzy and a lil less nauseated. So that helps to motivate me to keep on keeping on :D

can'tdanceandcan'trelax

Post by can'tdanceandcan'trelax » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:28 pm

bumped!

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:49 pm

A good refresher for those going thru symptoms they don't understand or never had before.
It will be okay ;)

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:35 pm

It's very important to remember and ask yourself if the symptoms you have go away within a short time when you get to your so called "safe place" or are with your "safe person". If it does? Its ANXIETY and it happens because of our negative self talk. It's so very hard to accept that , that we could do that to ourselves but it's so very true.

deedee00

Post by deedee00 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:43 pm

Jillzmind,

This has become a "go to" thread for me. I find myself coming here often, everytime I get a weird symptom.

Thanks again!! :)

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”