Feeling hopeless :(

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
pearpickinporky

Post by pearpickinporky » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:47 am

I'm now on session 5, and have noticed no real difference, I think depression is the bigger problem for me, it has over taken anxiety, infact I can't remember the last time I was anxious.

I just feel frustrated, grumpy, angry and like my life has no purpose, like I have nothing to look forward to, every day is just the same with no real joy.

I watched a video posted on here by StevenFarrisOhio the guy seems so happy with life and seems to have achieved remarkable results. I am envious

As I say I started session 5 yesterday, I got up and done my 15 mins on the treadmill, I only done 15 mins as I haven't exercised in some years so am building up slowly, Exercise isn't the problem, because of being depressed I comfort eat, I did well yesterday but today went mad with chocolate, ice cream, potato chips, eating is the only real joy I have in life.

Grrr help I need some postive advice

deedee00

Post by deedee00 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:26 am

Hi

I binge eat once in a while. I'm trying to lose weight. I like exercise, that's not a problem. The problem for me is eating the right foods, and the lightheadness that I feel sometimes make me not want to exercise.

Oh yeah, Steven Farris is a great guy. He is such a joyful person. He's been through so much and he's doing great. He's such an inspiration!

I miss him around here.

I hope he makes more of those videos.

Christian73

Post by Christian73 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:17 pm

Don't rush yourself. It takes time to learn new techniques and ultimately new habits. I was watching The Good Wife tonight and in it someone asked her if "it gets easier" and she replied "No. But you get better at it." I think that might apply to our struggles.
"You don't have to believe everything you think."

Bumper sticker in my therapist's office

CathyB

Post by CathyB » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:40 am

Hello! The ingredients of the junk food you are eating have addictive properties to them. Don't buy them!! Stock your fridge with fruits and veggies so that is your choice to snack on. I know it is hard! Just keep trying! You will get stronger. Put notes on your cabinets and fridge to help you have will power. Put scriptures on your mirror or fridge to give you strength and courage. Good luck, prayer to you.

tadevfire

Post by tadevfire » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:17 am

oh my goodness. I will be starting session 5 tomorrow. I have been very angry today and this past week I have felt I have not accomplished anything. I do not have the anxiety half as much now either but gosh I get angry and it comes on quick? Wonder if it is a part of anxiet? I am still trying though. I did write some very small goals down and hope to maybe keep working on them. Start out small and work up right? I also have started yoga in the mornings. I should be proud because I have done this two weeks in a row now but I skip the weekend?? I get upset at myself then because I though I should do more....there is the should stuff? I may not feel I am progressing as much as I should but you know I am learning a LOT about myself...some I don't like to admit but by having to admit and face things I will learn to love myself....I have always hated me...maybe it is time I learn to love me! It is not easy but hang in there...I do think we are getting more than we think out of this!! TTFN

Natii Beester

Post by Natii Beester » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:35 pm

It is really difficult to see someone so successful and happy when you are feeling so down. I know completely what you mean.

I watch motivational tapes get excited and then dont do anything afterwards. I wanna be that person. I want to be Tony Robbins, Joel Osteen. someome who is just happy to be alive.

I dont ha

Natii Beester

Post by Natii Beester » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:35 pm

It is really difficult to see someone so successful and happy when you are feeling so down. I know completely what you mean.

I watch motivational tapes get excited and then dont do anything afterwards. I wanna be that person. I want to be Tony Robbins, Joel Osteen. someome who is just happy to be alive.

I dont have much advice for you yet. Are you doing everything...listening to th relaxation tape everyday? Keeping up with the homework? I know I'm only on my 2nd week, but I feel no difference and I can't even relax with the relaxation tape.

Etta Blair

Post by Etta Blair » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:30 pm

I just read your e-mail about having nothing to look forward to. Well, I feel the same as you. In the back of my mind I know better, but there's that nagging little problem of anxeity and depression that sometimes just keeps eating away at your mind. I know this sounds crazy to some people. I am a newcomer to the program, only about 2 month and it's been a real struggle. Good luck, and God bless you.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”