Finally opened up to my wife

Share your successes with others
GuitarTom

Post by GuitarTom » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:51 am

What a great weight lifted from my shoulders. I've had obsessive thoughts for years now and ever since we had our boy about three years ago the obsessions have been about my family. Through this program and research that I've done on line it's much easier to deal with than it was at first. For some reason though I couldn't seem to bring myself to talk to my wife about it, so I've always just suffered in silence.

Well, last night I finally talked to my wife about it. First I explained what it is and then we looked at some information at ocdonline together so she would have some background info on it. She was very supportive and was glad that I finally told her. I'm so glad that the closest person in my life knows me a little better and I'm glad I have someone to talk to about it.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:37 am

:)Hey GuitarTom,

I'm so happy for this big step you took and the great outcome it had. Nice to hear a happy story and it gives hope to other fellow sufferers who havn't as yet told their spouses.

Best of luck to both of you. I wish you to feel better soon. This program works and changes our lives so stick with it and enjoy your journey.

God Bless.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:56 am

Tom,

You and I suffer exactly the same thing. I would love to correspond with you. I have always been afraid to tell anyone especially my wife 100% about these silly thoughts.

I am proud to see that you did this and I am sure that if we had a chance to communicate we might be able to offer suggestions and such or at least vent a bit of our overall frustrations.

I too play guitar so we will have something in common to talk about outside of Pure "O".

Zoe

If you feel like writing, just send me PM message on here .