Another Triumph!

Share your successes with others
Just Mommy

Post by Just Mommy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:26 pm

So I haven't been more than 8 minutes away from my house since Christmas. So tonight my husband went to his parents and he need me to come and get him. I was so nervous I knew in advance that I was going to have to go and get him. I couldn't get anything done today, becuz I was so nervous. I worried for like 3 hours about going. And all I was going to have to do was pull up and honk. But he parents live like 15 miles away, which is kind of far from my house. I mean if I have an anxiety attack I can't just be at my house in like 5 minutes. And it was dark, I already don't like to drive in the dark. So that made it worse. So he calls and tells me he's ready. I jump up before I have time to talk myself out of going. While in the car I was trying to distract myself by talking to my son. But when he fell asleep, I turned on the radio and was trying not to think about turning around. I got almost to their house and really wanted to turn around the whole way. So when I got almost to their house, this wave came over me of panic. I said out loud, "oh God no" I was really scared, I actually slowed the car down looking for somewhere to pull over and turn around. But then I started talking to myself out loud again, this time telling myself "This will pass", "it's just an anxiety attack", "it's not going to kill you", "your going to be fine", "if you turn around now your going to be mad at yourself". So every driveway that I passed I told myself just go to the next one, and by the time I noticed I was at his parents driveway. When my husband got in the car and we was on our way home I told him what had happened. And I actually cried tears of joy. I haven't done that since my son was born. I am so proud of myself, me and my husband are taking our son to the park tomorrow. I'm actually really excited!

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:47 pm

Just Mommy..that brought tears to my eyes! I am so proud of you, you are doing soooo good!
You are doing it, each and every step. Awesome
:D
Keep up the great work. You Rock!

Jill~

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:13 pm

I am sooooo proud of you too!!! I thank God that He is helping you to face those "fears" head on, and not run from them...

I am like Jill on this one...This brings back memories and I know exactly how "good" you feel to have "faced" those fears and used the "positive self talk" to calm yourself down!!!

I am sooooo happy for you!!! You are going to be just fine!!! God is soooo good to each of us!!!

This is "enough" to make us all cry those "joyful" tears!!!

May God continue to richly bless you on your journey to recovery...Love, Cloie

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Hi Just Mommy,
Here is a link to an older posting of mine!!! As you will see, I was soooooo much like you!!!

http://bbs.stresscenter.com/ev...40105472/m/973100565

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:53 am

Our mind can be a wonderful or terrible thing. It all depends on how you use it. Keep up the good work !

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:00 am

Thank you guys so much, you all have been so awesome!