My Interview Yesterday

Share your successes with others
TransformationIsBliss

Post by TransformationIsBliss » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:04 am

I had an interview for a job I really wanted at 9 am yesterday morning. I was quite nervous in the beginning and my voice was breaking a bit - I did tell the interviewers that I was a bit nervous. (Inside, I kept thinking of what my friends' 5 year-old-boy had said about his game of hoops; "What matters is, I tried," under the "What A Gem" heading a bit below this post).
I knew all the answers to their questions. I was engaging. I felt good about how I presented in the interview. When they asked me if I had any questions for them I said "When can I start?!!" (haha).

At 4:04 pm I was called into the interview room again and I thought my goodness, another round of questions, yikes my brain's on overload!! Well, they sat me down and told me how impressed they were with my knowledge of the company (I had studied all weekend with my hubby) and how I conducted myself in the interview, and how keen I seemed on getting the job. Then they offered it to me. Well, my eyes teared up and I said I was very grateful and that of course I accept. When I got up to leave (after shaking hands and hugging them) I said that I felt they had picked the right candidate! (Talk about self-confidence - thanks Lucinda)!!

TranformationIsBliss

new2mississippi

Post by new2mississippi » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:40 am

"Congrats" I had just moved and was looking for work when I found something I thought would be perfect, except for the fact I would have to give presentations to companies which I never have done before and with anxiety...you know the rest. Well, I got an interview. I was sitting waiting for the gentlemen to call me into the interview when I got intense panic. I wanted to leave but did the breathing and it seemed to help,took the edge off. During the interview I was nervous but kept the converstation going and really staying in the moment. The interviewer was very impressed with my resume and offered me a second interview, which is this Thursday. Wish me luck...

Karen

TransformationIsBliss

Post by TransformationIsBliss » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:41 am

You know what Karen, the fear I had turned into excitement! It took about 5 minutes into the interview but I kept getting more excited! I allowed the feelings of excitement to wash over me and they replaced the fear.

And I wowed the interview panel - and so will you.

I really am starting to believe that I can do anything now. This to me was a great stepping stone. By the way I am partaking in another test with the federal government next week which will put me in a pool of qualified applicants and give me a leg up if I ever want to leave the provincial government.

I love taking risks!!
Ulrika~*

new2mississippi

Post by new2mississippi » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:40 am

Ulrika, I totally agree!! Regarding the feelings of power you are getting from a sense of accomplishments. I went on my second interview today. Once I arrived I started slow breathing just to take the edge off before I went in. While in the interview I was amazed how by, "just staying in the converstation" I didn't think about the anxiety so much. Oh, by the way the job looks very promising. I know we will get there one day...just keep moving forward

Karen