The stress that relaxation can put on a person....

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
zempath

Post by zempath » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:03 am

I'm in week one and am totally stressing out about not being able to find enough time to do my relaxtion cd!!!! LOLOLOL!!

As I was journalizing and noting my inner (negative) voice, this was very apparent and very funny to me...but sums me up to a T. Hopefully I'll be able to fix that!

Gale D

Post by Gale D » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:19 am

I can relate......I can't find the time to do my sessions!!! I've been on session 4 now for 2 weeks..........I don't want to do it in the middle of the night.....I dont have time to do make up or hair....more less a session. But I know a moment will come and I will be able to do it and so will you!!

Ckerr

Post by Ckerr » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:56 am

As I posted in another topic, this is so key. I sat with a progressive therapist about a year ago and this was one of his key focuses, and said psychology in general is really embracing meditation\relaxation\mental imagery as critical component for a persons general health period! We exercise and eat right (well I don't, but am getting there), but this is exercise and nutrition for the mind.

So, if you can only do relaxation three times a week for sure, then get those on the schedule and commit to them. Then try to find room elsewhere. Ultimately, if you can get one of these sessions in at least once a day, you're doing yourself a whole lotta good!

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:32 pm

I think scheduling can help. Especially when it is right before (or right after) something you do regularly (like going to bed, eating, showering). You can listen to the essential part of the relaxation session in about 12 minutes (fast forward to pt where the "slow" breathing starts). Also, just listening to it when you aren't necessarily "doing" as directed (listen in the car or eating) Sometimes we fill every moment with thinking that is not productive - so if we have a "relaxing" focus it's much better than "What if" thinking.
There are many things that eat up time...sometimes we don't realize it...we need to be frank with ourselves when we are pressed for time. I am always amazed how using a computer makes me lose track of time -- even when I'm not on line :)
Using StressCenter.com site can encourage us; yet it's good set boundaries (time, how many forums you will check, how many posts / responses you will type). If we don't have time for our own personal "work" we need to be "selfish" and not spend time here...yep, I need to heed my words :) I hope you find a way that works for you.

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”