Odd things anxiety has caused. I laugh now.

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
BethDyess

Post by BethDyess » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:41 pm

1. When everything first started naturally I didn't know much about my body. I mean that is what Dr's are for right?

Well When I couldn't swallow I thought the inside of my mouth was falling apart or something. I didn't realize that my body was made better than that.

I used to walk up to people and ask them to look down my throat with a flashlight. i swore I swallowed the thing that hangs down in the back of the mouth. Impossible I know!

2. See I was not able to eat solids it seemed for awhile. It was all anxiety related but I didn't know that then.

Well I was asked on a date back then and well the man cooked steak for me. I kept worrying how I would eat steak that this man had worked so hard on. Well when he left the room I rolled all my meat up in a paper towel and threw it in a nearby trashcan.

I told him how wonderfull it was and everything. Well the next day he asked me if I wanted to come back to eat again. He then asked me if I enjoyed the steak again. But he then asked why i threw it int he trash.

I have story after story to tell.

3. Once while walking threw a grocery store. See the grocery store had just had a really nice make over. They put in an eating gallery and organic area and all.

Well because I was so paranoid about my condition. I thought every single person new. I also thought people thought the worst of me.

Well I was walking by the milk coolers. I started hearing what sounded like mooing. Well I left the store I thought there were kids in the back stocking that were making fun of me. I thought they thought I was a cow or something.

I didn't realize it until 2 weeks later when I went into the store again that it was a recorded mooing. It was part of the dairy set up in the store.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:33 am

hello . . read your story about walking by the dairy section and hearing moo-ing sounds. That's how we feel - that others have negative feelings toward us and will go to great lengths to EMBARASS us. You are a special person and people care about you; they don't want to embarass you. Next time you pass a dairy section - walk through the previous experience and respond differently in your mind.
Then do something else for fun - yes, in the grocery store.

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”