You Know You Have Panic Disorder When...

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
TaniaJPS

Post by TaniaJPS » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:43 pm

Originally posted by bevhembree:
Ever wonder why you walked in a room and stand there wide eyed trying to remember?
A MILLION times.

You know you have panic disorder when:

<span class="ev_code_RED">In an attempt to sit still...
You determine that the inside of your mind is moving back and forth, causing you anxiety.</span>

Paul R.

Post by Paul R. » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:19 am

HAHAHAHA

I almost left the store because of the line the other day.

That was funny!

Krystal83

Post by Krystal83 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:48 am

That was great! I also suffer from a few of those things but it nice to make light of the situation sometimes and have a good laugh. Thanks for that one

Maryad1

Post by Maryad1 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:31 pm

Originally posted by InfernoKiwi:
- You've listened to the relaxation audio so many times, you start pronouncing fragrant as "freggrent".
I loved this post. It took me a few times of listening to actually get past that without getting distracted.!

dancindharma

Post by dancindharma » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:21 pm

Thank you so much for posting these everyone. Wow it feels wonderful to be able to laugh about it and to know that others do the same things that I do. I got a good laugh out of this and sometimes that is what is most needed!

Escapade

Post by Escapade » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:15 pm

Ok so I did do the "cut the pill in half" thing - that is too funny -

Marci24

Post by Marci24 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:17 pm

You check your pulse and blood pressure more than once a day.

nspyredj

Post by nspyredj » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:32 pm

WOW- I had to laugh at these and read them to my family who is getting to know me as I get better. I do all of those things and always justify my reasons for them. It had to make me think about how many issues I've had and how much change is needed.

I check for bathrooms all the time. I also get mad at my husband, sister or friends for being spontaneous. I freak out if there aren't any toilet seat covers. I wipe down tables at fast food restaraunts (yet, I eat at them - ick). I won't touch doorknobs after washing my hands in a public restroom. I have to wipe down phones when someone hands it to me after they've been talking.

I just realized I'm a more of a germaphobe than I thought. Wow - the process of learning about ourselves is great, isn't it?

Thanks for sharing. -J
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly."

PrettyBird

Post by PrettyBird » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:04 am

I am just signing on for the first time, because it's taken me a week or two to get my "courage" to go stand in line. I was proud of myself, because it didn't bother me as much as I thought. The line was long too.

Too funny...i broke my Xanex in half this morning. I can relate to almost every one of these things.

BTW, I saw a posting from Lorena818cutie on June 18 and I hope she is doing better. I just felt very concerned for her when i read her posting. Anyone?

Getting better every day.

INDTom

Post by INDTom » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:15 am

I have never really looked at this section, but it is hilarious. The "freggrent" on the CD, I did notice and also thought what part of the country is she originally from...OH, I think.

When I was younger, when I had a bad cough, I thought I had lung cancer. I think it was from the movie, Brian's Song. (this goes back years and years)

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”