You Know You Have Panic Disorder When...

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
kathykat

Post by kathykat » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:16 am

[QUOTE It feels very good to laugh, and as I do relate to these sensible (or irrational observations), I feel at home in this community, too. Thank you for the 'freggrent' observation: I just started the program last week, and 'freggrent' has been jolting me, until I also started accepting it ... saying it in my mind during the exercise the same way Lucinda does. I keep wondering what part of the country this pronunciation came from. My elderly father in Illinois still drives me nuts saying "warsh", instead of wash. I see getting hooked on the details is part of my problem... and that this means I am funny as this topic makes clear.]Originally posted by SunshineinGA:
That's hilaorious! I am in the right place...I definitely relate to all of these...every time I take a pill combination, I ask my husband if I am going to die, he answers no of course...so then he has to go call teh pharmacy every time to check and make sure...

I LOVED mthe "freggrent" comment..I wondered if I was hearing htat correctly...it takes me a while to get into listening to the cd because I am stuck on that word.[/QUOTE]

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:12 am

You know you have an anxiety disorder when your cat ends up being as anxious and nervous as you are, and they weren't like that when you got them!

H A HANNA

Post by H A HANNA » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:05 am

Exactly, My border collie mix, : ) now suffers from anxiety, and panic disorders. But he does listen to the relaxation tape every night and it puts him right to sleep.

H A HANNA

Post by H A HANNA » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:06 am

Mary Wargo, I am still laughing about tour cat, cause I can relate. That is so funny!

sawdyj

Post by sawdyj » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:19 am

Hello,
I am new to this whole program and fairly new to this whole anxiety panic thing that has taken over my life. I myself am very sarcastic and love to laugh. Thank you for this. Every single one of these are SOOOO true, and I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Thank you again.

H A HANNA

Post by H A HANNA » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:41 am

You know you have anxiety when you want all the trees cut down that have been infested w/ termites or ants, cause you fear they will get attached to you next.

Darkmanx

Post by Darkmanx » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:22 pm

-When someone's talking to you, they have no idea that while you're looking at them and nodding, you're not hearing one word they're saying because all you can think of is "how do I get out of here?"
soo true man i expreience this lot lol

-You wonder if anyone would notice if you locked yourself in the bathroom at your own party. o once did this but lucky it was'nt myb birthday party lol

fischee

Post by fischee » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:46 am

OK- the anxious cat is pretty funny... here's a true story. This spring when my pom. went in for yearly vaccinations, just like HA HANNA's border collie, HE was diagnosed with anxiety AND I was given the option to medicate with "doggie xanax"! UNBELIEVABLE.

Interestingly, I went to a local pet store and bought this thing that plugs in like a room freshener and releases mama dog pheremones (SP?). The change was remarkable! (Wish there was one for people...)

Hey HA HANNA- I also turn on a sleep CD or classical music when I leave the house.

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:55 pm

I wonder if they have the plug in thing that releases mama cat pheremones? Anyone know? My relaxation tape works well on my cat at night but I never thought of putting it on when I leave the house. I'm gonna try it. I had to give her something for anxiety when I first moved to where I am now due to her howling and crying for days on end because she got so nervous over the move. I feel like I created a nervous wreck of a cat.

starrr123

Post by starrr123 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:01 am

I put my hand on my chest to see if my heart is beating right, as if i am a cardiologist!
hopefull

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”