really need advice

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
LOSTMYSELF86

Post by LOSTMYSELF86 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:45 pm

Hi im Alexa im 23 and just started the program but this session seems to be the session i need most. Since i was 17 years old i had obsessive worry that im a lesbian that started after i watched a movie about a young girl turning into a lesbian. I HAVE BEEN SO ISOLATED AND SAD since then and i know deep down that im straight i love guys and want to be with them i also did but now its just not the same because this worry is constant and im afraid to do anyhting watch tv go shopping talk to a girl cause im worried that i might like her or that they'll think im checking that out and like i seen someone else on here write that she had feelings down there when she looked at other girls i get those too thats the worst part to me and it's not a way to feel everyday im tired of this and i really hope this program helps with that and please give me advice i really need it

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:22 pm

Hey, Alexa, it's a good thing you've come to this site. There are lots of other people here who have overly-conscientious hearts, just like you.

What you're describing is related to OCD. I've been dealing with OCD about other matters for six months that was pretty debilitating, but the great news is that this program has helped me to move past the fear and let go of some of my limitations.

When I first got the program, I listened to the first lesson, then skipped over to the Obsessive scary thoughts lesson. Not a good idea. I was not equipped then to make any sense of what Lucinda was saying. Don't make the same mistake. You'll just scare yourself even more! Have faith in your ability to move forward, and put all you've go into each week's lesson. You'll get there!

There's a part of the forum about OCD and someone recently posted about being afraid he was gay, even though he likes girls. It may be a comfort to you to read through some of the OCD posts so you know you're not alone. All anxiety really is is you mind's way of diverting all your attention and energy to something other than what's really bothering you. This program will help you learn how to tune into your feelings in a healthy way, and how to bring yourself back to reality.

You can and will get better! Continue to post and read. I've "met" some really wonderful people around here who have understood when no one IRL has, and encouraged me to keep going. You may not feel like you have anything to contribute yet, but I bet there are others who feel alone, too, and you may be the person that can let them know someone is there.

Stay brave, and good luck!

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:01 am

thanks a lot for your response it was very helpful and gave me a postive outlook on everything thanks for teeling me not to skip sessions i dont want to do the program wrong your right about everything i just have to work hard at trying to get out of this condition and eventually i will be back to my old self and i will keep posting here and reading what others have written thanks again keep in touch

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”