scared in ireland

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
confusedireland

Post by confusedireland » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:15 pm

hi im lying awake in terror at home i sometimes get a thought in my head what if i could hurt someone like my parents or a loved one or friend it skips around to whoever is near me at the time i hate it and im lying here thinking what if i flipped would i do something like that ive had some really bad panic attacks after weekend drinking sessions which i have now stopped . i am so scared i cant sleep

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:55 am

That's a very common fear with anxiety.

You won't hurt anyone. That's your mind distracting you from dealing with real problems in your life. And it does a really good job at distracting!

You're not even the kind of person to do such things anyway. If you were, it wouldn't worry you so much. In fact, the thought wouldn't bother you at all. You would revel in the thought, instead of being afraid of it.

Try doing something you like. Or better yet, do housework. It's very hard to clean out your closets and obsess.

Take care! You're OK! :)

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:57 pm

First of all, when I was your age, I had the exact same scary thoughts etc as you are having. what helped me tremendously was Lucinda's program. At the time Lucinda's program came on audio tape. I used to drive in my car and listen to her tapes over and over. I learned the techniques and coping techniques and eventually all of the anxiety associated with this bad habit way of thinking disappeared.

I know it seems like you are the only person in the world this has ever happened to, but it's not. There are millions and millions of people that suffer from the same thing you are going through. I was one of them.

You will get better. I feel compelled to write you this because, I come from Irish descent and feel your pain.

You will be fine. Just grab onto this program and follow it. Lucinda has had the same scary thoughts that you are having. Read her books, you will see.

Also Clare Weekes books are very good!

You will be better.

Zoe

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”