Anxiety has returned

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
blueeyes18

Post by blueeyes18 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:07 am

I bought this program 5 years ago and it helped. I was also on Paxil which helped greatly. I recently got married and am pregnant and had to come off of the Paxil. I find that my anxiety has come back (racing heart, headaches, dizziness, etc) and I think about it all day. I have seen a cardiologist and my PCP and both agree it's anxiety. I thought I had it well controlled for a few years and now it's really hard. I don't stop myself from going places but I struggle when I go to the mall (get dizzy, racing heart). I'm afraid of passing out when I am in crowded places. That has not happened, but it's still so scary. Any suggestions?

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:50 pm

I had my first bout of anxiety at age 20. Then it went away for 12 years and I got the 2nd bout, which was much worse when I was 32, right after I had my first child. Hormones can play a role here. But I think that you will find that growth spurts happen when big changes happen in our lives. Getting married and having a child are triggers for anxiety, even though they are happy things. It is the change that is happeing in our lives that can trigger it. So, sounds like time to review the program. I too have been seeing that old ugly head of anxiety popping up. I did the program 3 years ago and was doing great until we recently decided to try for baby #2. Now some of those old feeling are back and I couldn't think why at first, but then I realized that on some level the idea of a new baby does make me anxious.

Congratulations on your marriage and pregnancy. Don't be scared of your anxiety, its just time for a review of the program.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”