I'm in crisis mode

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
FMB100

I'm in crisis mode

Post by FMB100 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:07 pm

I was doing very well with this program until this session. Before this session I was able to write down a scary thought in my journal and it goes away. Something is happening with this session that they are persisting. I should mention my scary thoughts are not thoughts of hurting someone.

But this week I''m having anxiety as I was assertive a few times in ways I could not be before this program and wondering how the reaction is to me by those I was assertive with. Even more scary I'm having thoughts about incidents in the past where I thought I was mistreated and having all or nothing thinking like everyone will mistreat me. And perhaps the scariest and most persistent is that I will have bad blood pressure even in an environment where I'm usually calm. The last one has become a self-fulfilling prophecy and I want to reverse it immediately.

Please help me get back to the way I was doing. I don't think it was something said in this tape but please provide a good coping skill here.

Thank you very much.

Verticious

Re: I'm in crisis mode

Post by Verticious » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:36 pm

Maybe some things are just surfacing for you that you need to take time to face and realize. Try not to over think it to death, try to look at it with a realistic outlook as opposed to an outlook of fear. Maybe you need to write or talk about issues in your past that have caused you anxiety that you haven't faced or looked at in a way that will truly help you heal from it. And don't think too much about how you might feel, I do this all the time and am trying not to. Because as you know how we think is largely effected towards how we feel. So if you obsess about feeling anxious you most likely won't feel calm. Don't think that people will mistreat you, they won't! and if people ever do, you don't have to stand for it right? you dont even need to say anything or try to resolve it if they do, you can just walk away.

Hope this helps... Good luck.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”