insomnia caused by anxiety

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
nobutan

Post by nobutan » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:35 pm

A while back, I had insomnia, I couldn't sleep until sunrise. That time a tragedy happened in my family (my sister's 2nd bipolar manic episode) and the whole family was stressful and sad. That time, at night I became anxious and afraid of the dark and I had to leave the light on in order to sleep. But soon, I can't even sleep even with the lights on, I was feeling very insecure and afraid of what I cannot see after I turn off the lights. Then soon, I don't dare to close my eyes even with the lights on.
But I'm good now, but still once in a while I wake up at night and I know I had to turn on the light to sleep again, then I wake up again at sunrise to turn it off. Also want to mention that I tend to be afraid of the dark.
I realize that I tend to become anxious during school breaks, when I have so much time.

Also want to mention that I'm the kind of person that don't feel right when I am wasting time and not achieving anything.

Also want to mention that I have IBS, but not always with diarrhea.

I'm a Capricorn too.

My question is what is wrong with me? Why I tend to feel anxious? I sometimes suddenly feel anxious at night too, I don't know why.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”