sick of scary thoughts

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:09 pm

Sorry, Jennifer, but your satan/evil thoughts belief frightens me more than my scariest toughts.

I think boon has it right.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:47 pm

nobledancer,
It should not frighten you at all if you are a Christian! When you are saved that means from all things that will try and harm you. When someone has thoughts that they should hurt something or someone then it is satan telling you to do it. But being saved you can stop these things and you can rest assured that everything will be ok because with Jesus dying on the cross then his blood being shed for our sins keeps us protected. We are forgiven for our sins and knowing that it puts comfort into our life. It isn't something to scare you in anyway because if you are saved through Jesus Christ none of those things can harm you. That is why she is having thoughts and not doing any of the things she is thinking. To me having the thoughts is scary and all I am trying to do is show her a way to get rid of the thoughts. I wasn't trying to scare anyone I am trying to give her comfort in knowing that she is safe and that through my Lord Jesus Christ she can be saved through all of the scary thoughts she could ever have and the thoughts can go away completly. I wasn't trying to make anyone angry or make them scared and being scared is not of God so with that we as Christians can stop the thoughts from happening. God bless all of you!

Jennifier

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:04 pm

First of all I was not born a phobic.....we were all born innocently and lovingly. We were all born a mere miracle......a miracle of life. To place each anxiety with that label is just wrong. Even the program states that in Session 2....Anxiety comes from our thoughts...thoughts to a level we achieved on our own with some sort of foundational fear....

There is an enemy in this world and his name is Satan..........His job is to kill, steal , and destroy!!! Yes to steal our joy, and the battlefield is the mind. Its all Biblical...even in lament terms..........

I arrived with Anxiety from STINKING THINKING for some years........and now with Jesus I am renewing my mind !!!

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:07 pm

Also please check out the power scriptures we have posted. I don't think anyone would be willing to call God a liar...one who does not perform his word........If that was the case would we all be here today????????

Bottom line one can only do what they choose to do. Influences from good and evil will always play there roles. Its up to one which way they will go.......God is love and you love your children......that already shows whom you serve. Praise God daily and Raise your arms when you praise....it confuses the enemy and brings immediate peace............

Boon

Post by Boon » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:13 pm

Here is some light for you

GOD HAS AN ANSWER

YOU SAY: “It’s impossible”
GOD SAYS: All things are possible… (Luke 18:27)

YOU SAY: “I’m too tired”
GOD SAYS: I will give you rest… (Matthew 11:28-30)

YOU SAY: “I can’t figure things out”
GOD SAYS: I will direct your steps… (Proverbs 3:5-6)

YOU SAY: “I am anxious about the future”
GOD SAYS: I have a plan for you… (Jeremiah 29:11-14)

YOU SAY: “It is not worth it”
GOD SAYS: It will be worth it… (Romans 8:1)

YOU SAY: “I can’t forgive myself”
GOD SAYS: I forgive you… (1 John 1:9)

YOU SAY: “I can’t manage”
GOD SAYS: I will supply all your needs… (Philippians 4:19)

YOU SAY: “I am afraid”
GOD SAYS: Do not fear, for I am with you… (Isaiah 41:10)

YOU SAY: “I am always worried and frustrated”
GOD SAYS: Cast all your cares on me… (1 Peter 5:7)

YOU SAY: “I am not smart enough”
GOD SAYS: I give you wisdom… (Proverbs 2:3-6)

YOU SAY: “I am so sad”
GOD SAYS: I will comfort you… (Isaiah 66:13)

YOU SAY: “I feel all alone”
GOD SAYS: I will never leave you or forsake you… (Hebrews 13:5)

YOU SAY: “Nobody loves me”
GOD SAYS: I love you… (John3:16)

“When you want the Truth as much as you want that first breath of air when you are drowning…that is when you will find it.”

and its not with a TREND....sorry.
"Life is not about comfort. It is about living." Dr. Howard Liebgold

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:18 pm

Boon, I just caught upon my email and see you agreed to explore a couple of our posts.
I had said the devil was whispering evil thoughts. You had said there's no devil here. Do you not believe in the devil or that he has that power or that this is strictly a medical only issue or am I way off base on all those. Just curious and you can't learn by not asking questions. Looking forward to hearing from you. Beverly

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:51 am

I do not believe the devil has anything to do with this disorder. None whatsoever. I do believe that there is evil in the world that needs to be addressed. You can call it the devil's doing if you wish or you can call it by any other name. The name is not important. What is important to acknowledge is that there are bad things that must be dealt with. Panic attack disorder, OCD, depression, agoraphobia, etc is not something that is created by something called the devil. We are born predisposed to these things. We inherit the tendency toward them. Loving and nuturing ourselves through the process of our healing is the way to cure. Resistance to this is why people feel so stuck. We label these things "bad" and therefore we fear them. We have to stop fearing them in order to grow.

I believe we come into this world pure and innocent but that doesn't mean we don't inherit different things to deal with. People inherit the tendency toward diabetes but they may not experience it until a certain age. Or someone may come into this world with lesser bones and it is passed along to every other generation. There are many things people inherit but the devil didn't cause any of this discomfort. It's just life.

EmilyDiane

Post by EmilyDiane » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:10 pm

I do see your point. There is a real medical problem here, often inherited and/or maybe brought to light through very stressful situations. It's like having cancer, only we have a stigmatism somtimes with a mental illness. But it very often requires medical treatment and medication.
I've been thinking about the devil portion of it. I guess my line of thinking is that, to the extent to which I can control my thoughts, there is a negativism (I don't even know if that's a word) that seeps in and can overwhelm. And I guess that's contrasted to the positive thoughts we are supposed to replace them with, which for me is mostly spiritual.
Thanks for taking the time to respond and helping me understand. Have great weekend!

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:34 pm

I'm sorry but I think Boon is pretty naive to think that the problems we face are not due to the devil. People were created perfect by God. It wasn't until Satan came into the picture that we had sin and death as a result. Satan is behind all the evil in this world and I think it's sad when people fail to realize that. It's fact and it's in the Bible. Jody

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:36 pm

I have extremely scary thoughts as well. During school last year i worried constnatly that i would jump over the balcony and i could never understand why i had these thoughts. It became even worse when i worried that i could hurt someone or just do something impulsive for no reason at all. I am still having obsessive scary thoughts about many different things and sometimes i believe that theyre so true. I really believe that obsessive thinking is the main reason for my depression because its so draining to dwell on these thoughts all day wondering if they are true or not. If anyone has advice on how to deal with these thoughts or to convince myself that i am a good person it would be much appreciated

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”