please read

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
helenmelon

Post by helenmelon » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:30 pm

Hi everyone!!! Hope you had a Merry Christmas. I have been having trouble again with my scarey thoughts i just had a baby a week ago and feel very sad sometimes. I keep thinking in my mind about my family members dying and how I wont be able to handle it and go crazy. I have derealization issues that I feed into all the time that I have been dealing with I feel very down like what is the point of getting close to someone if they are going to die.I know it sounds terrible and I hate thinking like this but I dont know what else I can do anymore it feels like everytime I make progress I just go right back to thinking That I am fake again and it is really getting depressing PLEASE Help if anyone has Information thanks

Mrs.A

Post by Mrs.A » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:47 pm

Helenmelon- you are so not alone... I too have scary thoughts and I go through phases with it. I couldn't rule out from hearing that you just had a baby that your hormones might be a little off and that could be making things a little worse not to mention the new adjustment though having a baby is a wonderful gift and a very joyful time it can be stressful adjusting. Don't be to hard on yourself and know that if you take one day at a time and tackle this by using your skills it will lessen over time. Be patient with yourself as you would a best friend. You are right about the fact that yes everything must die at some point but that isn't a good excuse to not get close to people. That is just the cycle of life and we are all part of it. I think it would be good to step back and get a new prespective on life focus on your new little one and thank god for the gift. You will see brighter days just let the thoughts pass that is all they are just thoughts. Hang in there and if things get to the point were they feel unmanagable don't hesitate to get the help you need. Hugs to you
Anna

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”