Depression and worry

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
jcat

Post by jcat » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:19 am

Hi,
I wanted to see if the tapes are helping people with their depression. I am on medicine but still have problems. I have been a worrier since I was very young. I always felt older than my friends and I was afraid to express my feelings. I don't have too long before I have to make the decision to keep or send this program back. As far as money, it is a difficult time due to our economy and we are trying to build a house. I lost my home in 2007 due to a fire and I am not over that yet. I lost all my wedding pictures & daughter's baby things I had kept. I started getting worse past that and then the anxiety started. I had my hormone levels checked and they said they had crashed and I should get some hormone therapy. I tried it but it made me feel bad. I didn't understand the crashing of hormone levels but they said with my age and the stress I had could cause it. I notice I am more tired and love the thought of getting back home and getting to bed. We don't have enough money to finish our home and I have only been back there once since it happened. I have an anxiety attack to even look there. We are rebuilding in the same place and now it will be a log home. My first home was kind of like a dream home. We saw one similar and it was so exciting to see it when it all done. It was cedar with lots of windows. I thanked God for my home. I didn't worship it but I felt good when I was there. When the fire happened, I felt devastated. It was in the wiring and they think a heat pump had caused it. It hurt my daughter so much because that is the only home she has known. I am thankful that my husband got out of the house and is ok but I know he has nightmares about it. He was the only one home and the fire alarm woke him. I know people go through a lot but I am not over it and our new home is ready for the windows and I have no interest in it. We had to pay off loans and get enough to start the home from the insurance co, but it wasn't enough to replace what we had. I took forever to fill out the insurance forms due to anxiety. 2007 was a difficult year for me. I was hoping this program would help me and I would like to be off medication, not because I am afraid of meds, but I want to be on vitamins and not deal with the anxiety and depression pills. I am a nurse and know a lot about these meds but I would take anything when I feel so bad. I do not want to get hooked on these meds. It is awful when your family doesn't understand your feelings and you feel allalone. I know all this has hurt my marriage. I think he thinks I do not care about him and I do notice I tend to get mad easily at him. I feel my best when i am at work and with kids (school nurse). If anyone has feelings like mine, respond and tell mehow you deal with it. I feel alone so much of the time. I an happy if I make someone else happy. love to hear from anyone. June

abbette

Post by abbette » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:35 am

You've had a lot going on in your life, June. Seeing a professional for counseling for awhile would be more than appropriate and a Godsend to you right now. Someone who understood your feelings.

Yes, this program helps with depression as well. The tools are the same for both anxiety and depression. Embracing how you feel, allowing it, and soothing yourself through this is key to managing your life.

You are not alone. Continue to post and share your feelings. Journal your feelings. Make it OK to feel how you feel. Go to the mirror and talk to yourself lovingly. Look into your eyes and use your breath to keep you focused in the now. Also, find that special professional to talk to. You will get past this. Be patient. All emotions are "in time" and fade.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”