nausea

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Scarycmom

Post by Scarycmom » Wed May 28, 2008 1:57 pm

I was wondering if anybody else has the plain old symptom of nausea? I completed this program last October. Since then, I have read every book on anxiety that our Library offers, been to a psychologist and continue to review this program every day. I am alot better with my negative thinking, however, my one symptom of nausea does not go away. I need help with this. Anybody have some suggestions on why I still have this one symptom?

Post by Guest » Wed May 28, 2008 3:44 pm

I wish I had a suggestion for this as I'm having the same problem right now with the nausea. I don't feel much anxiety at all anymore but still have this darn persistent nausea. I'm not on any meds either that would cause it. ????

Post by Guest » Wed May 28, 2008 3:50 pm

anyone try peppermint for nausea? or even papaya? i bought some peppermint chews (or oil) and suck on them and that take away my nausea

Post by Guest » Wed May 28, 2008 4:06 pm

To all of you with nausea,

My favorite old tyme remedy is Camamille herb tea. I don't have that symptom but I drank lots of it when I experienced anxiety because it also calms.

It's worth a try, it works for me.

Hope you feel better soon!

Barbara

Post by Guest » Wed May 28, 2008 4:09 pm

I forgot about the peppermint. Thanks for the reminder.

Craw

Post by Craw » Fri May 30, 2008 7:20 am

OK Dumb question - should this be from a natural store - like a tincture? I have never tried either - but I will - thanks!
I still find it hard to fight the nausea with positive thoughts. It just doesn't go away!
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.
~John F. Kennedy

New Horizons

Post by New Horizons » Fri May 30, 2008 7:42 am

I have had this for 12 years now. I don't have any pain - just nausea, gaggy feeling. I have been to the doctor many times and had ultrasounds and bloodwork done alot. They always say it is just anxiety! Thanks for the info - I will try your ideas!

Post by Guest » Fri May 30, 2008 8:16 am

Everything EMMAphobia recommended is good! I have nausea a lot too and i have these chewable peppermint enzymes and papaya chewables too. i LOVE peppermint. I also chew on ginger too. love it. I've never heard of seabands. where can you get them??

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:23 am

Antidepressant medication is the only thing that ever took my nausea away...

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:16 pm

For nausea Gingerale is very good, carbination always helps me along with the gingery taste. My best friend is a nurse and she says for nausea in the hospital in Phoenix they fill half a cup with ice, fill half of it up with milk, and the rest of it up with gingerale. I used to drink that everyday and it worked, completely got rid of my nausea. The taste isn't so bad, it's better if it is pretty cold. Try that if you don't mind the combination.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”