Gonna Get Through This

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
HaleyS

Gonna Get Through This

Post by HaleyS » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:28 pm

Hello all, I bought this program about 2 yrs ago and reviewed the basic information but never fully completed the whole program. My anxiety is so bad, that I find myself checking my pulse 4-5 times a day to make sure my heart is beating, then I sometimes panic because I think it's beating to slow, or to fast. My husband tries to be as supportive as possible even though he doesn't understand what my problem is. I have a very hard time making decisions and I can't eat in front of people at all. I have a son that just turned one and I'm terrified that I'm going to raise him to be just like me. My biggest issue seems to be that every little ache makes me think that i'm dying from something random. I know i'm a very negative thinker, my husband points this out a lot, that he hates how I think so negatively about myself. I'm hoping that with this program I can turn this around and kick my anxiety out the door. I want to be able to go places by myself, be able to drive in my car without having a panic attack, and be able to make my own decisions. So starting today i'm starting over and hoping the program will straighten my life out so I can start living it instead of just surviving it.

coachchris

Re: Gonna Get Through This

Post by coachchris » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:08 am

Hi HaleyS,

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your courage and determination to live a life free from negative controlling thoughts. I too was obsessive about my health and it took me all of my 20's to realize I was digging a very deap pit for myself. My youngest was 1 when I decided it was really time to make change happen. Remember that this is a really bad habit and you are telling yourself lie after lie. Try not to question and chase the thoughts. Let them float by and use your positives. I used: "I am a healthy woman. I am safe. This will pass."

This is going to be hard work, but you, like all of us will get through it and be stronger in the end.

I would love to schedule a Free Coaching Call with you if you would like to set one up. Just use the PM tab to the right and I can get you on the schedule.

Warmly,
Coach Chris

Germaine

Re: Gonna Get Through This

Post by Germaine » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:17 pm

I need some support. I was supposed to have a medical test done today, when I got up I was in major symptoms; dizzy, shaking, scared, on the verge of going into full panic attack. So...I called and cancelled the test and lied about why, also my grandson was taking me so I lied to him too about why. Since then I have been feeling sooo ashamed , have been crying because I lied, especially to my grandson. I didn't tell the thurth because I was afraid they wouldn't understand and may think less of me. I have just restarted the program and am having trouble getting it working. ( I did use it before several years ago sucessfully but have recently gone into a "set back")
Any suggestions or advice that anyone can offer to help me get on track would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”