Back at it again...

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
skymmie

Back at it again...

Post by skymmie » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:26 pm

Well, I am back at it again! I bought this system 7 years ago and have done really well with it. I got sick last week with one heck of a nasty bug and out of left field I found myself not being able to talk my way out of the anxiety. I cannot sleep because my body is so wound up going through the cycle of adrenaline release and body sensations. I know that anxiety cannot hurt me... it can scare the heck out of me but it cannot hurt me. But I cannot got to sleep because of it. I need to get better and rest is going to help me get well but I just cannot go to sleep! :| Any advice to help me sleep or to get it through to my brain that I am going to be ok!!!

Iwillbebetter

Re: Back at it again...

Post by Iwillbebetter » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:05 pm

I'm sorry I don't really have any words of advise... I have struggled with the sleep thing on and off for as long as I can remember. More often it is lack of, but it seems to be generally one extreme or the other. Only a few years ago did it start to include wanting more sleep though.... after a pretty bad depressive episode... of course after a traumatic event... I at some point learned to "live with it"
I don't know if maybe the relaxation cd at bedtime would help. I remember them talking about in one of the session to not worry your body will rest when it needs. When you start thinking about it and stressing about it, it surely isn't going to happen... The only real advise I could offer is work the program, exercise as often as you can... I read somewhere that for at least an hour before bed "No screens" although I have not been able to do that completely, I have cut the T.V. for the most part and have actually found that to help a bit. I think instead of actually "calming/relaxing" me it actually "gets my mind going"
I hope you are able to find something to work for you! :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”