The redoing program challenge!

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:10 pm

THH and I have decided to redo the program starting the week after labour day weekend. There will be treads going up on each of the lessons with comments of the progress made, possibly some of the thoughts replaced, challenges and achievements. This is a great opportunity for those who have had a hard time motivating themselves to go through the whole program or who haven't yet recovered and have gone through the program again. We start on lesson 2 because lesson 1 is really basic and for those of us who have already gone through the program, we know lesson 1 very well already.

So you're all welcome to join us and have someone to do the program with. If there was ever a time to go through the program, now is the best time! So who is with me on this? Who is willing to take the challenge with us? Grow with us? Share obsticals and solutions with us? And recover with us?

Mike
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

Lindalee

Post by Lindalee » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:39 pm

This is a great idea. I started the program last Apr, but when week 3 came and I was supposed to write so much, I did't and sort of half worked the program and then did'nt get much recovery from it. So I just started over again and would very much like to have support of people who are actively posting here.

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:50 am

Cool your very welcome to get that from us. What is it that you mean that you were suppose to write so much? Were you trying to replace every negative thought you had on paper?

Mike

Lindalee

Post by Lindalee » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:12 am

Yea, in week 3 Lucinda tells us to get a spiral notebook and write down all our negative thoughts and then write a thought that turns it into a positive we can believe. I had (and still do) so many negative thoughts I was writting pages and all while trying to hide it from my family as if what I was doing was something to be ashamed of

This time I'm alone for a few weeks as my daughter has returned to college and my husband is out of town. And I also have decided to not hide my working this program from them. They know about my anxiety, why hide that I'm working to overcome it?

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:56 am

Hello,
I am restarting the program too. I could use some encouragement. I started in July, however I was not doing the homework, I felt I was missing something.
I am ready to start on Lesson 2, and I will do my homework.
Hope
"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, it empties today of its strength." – Unknown

JJ

Post by JJ » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:04 pm

I'm going to do the the program again too. It will be good to go through with others.
Joe

creamcheesepuff

Post by creamcheesepuff » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:06 pm

Yes, a good idea...I have been wanting to restart also. Hopefully, we can accomplish our goals AGAIN and with deeper conviction!

THH

Post by THH » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:16 am

I had started in April. I feel so much better but still have some issues I want to be better with. I think for me, using this forum was good, and writing was good.
I look forward to sharing with all of you going through it again too! I like the deeper conviction too! LOL...
Have a great weekend everyone. ;)

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:21 am

Awesome we got some good responses here.

This will probabbly be like the 15th time i went through it but I hadn't continued to use the 6 steps throughout the entire process and there were many times i didn't use the relaxation stuff as well.

Lindalee I think i had asked Carolyn from the tapes about this and what she suggested is to just replace 5 thoughts a day...the most scary, bothersome and anxiety producing thoughts. It really is not possible to work through every negative thought. I know, there were days where i was spend up to 5 hours mainly just replacing thoughts on paper. I felt really good but i didn't do anything else with my day. As for not hiding how you are working with the program I think thats a great idea and it takes alot of courage. Be proud of yourself for that! People that see us work on overcoming this actually inspires others and people start to encourage you more (for the most part but there are some people who will judge and that is because they are too afraid to look at their own issues).

mcshope i can relate with that too. A few of the times i went through the program i hadn't either and there were times i was expecting myself to do every homework assignment and i overwhelmed myself and did none of them. I realized i don't actually have to do everything in order to recover.

@All I agree with creamcheesepuff, we can definately accomplish our goals again and accomplish them even more this time. I have noticed in some responses there may be some confusion regarding the program and what it asks of us. There are also people who haven't done some of the homework and some people (me) who haven't followed the 6 steps through the program and use the relaxation cd. So, as part of the posts, I'm planning to post about the outcomes of the homework (which might be diffrent between the diffrent programs because mine is from 6 years ago), the results of using the 6 steps on a daily basis and the relaxation cd as well as some of the negative thoughts and replacements.

I think this will work out really awesome! The first thread will start on monday in lesson 2. I'll call it something like Lesson2 the challenge! and keep going from that. Group motivation is so much more powerful than normal motivation and we can coach each other because i am sure there are some people here that get some lessons better than others and can help clarify if there are any questions or if anybody gets into a rut.

Mike

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:51 am

Cool, I can't wait :)
"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, it empties today of its strength." – Unknown

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”