Help for a new person

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
T-twins

Post by T-twins » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:19 pm

Hello to all,
I am brand new to this web site and program but have been struggling with anxiety/depression for 7 years (on and off).It really started after the birth of my twins. It got even worse after my son was diganosed with Autisim. I am a very anxious person to begin with but the combination of these two things really sent me over the edge. I am working with a counselor and am taking medication. Most of my trouble relates to sleep. I hate the night. I have panic attacks at night and then don't sleep. The next day I'm so tired and depressed from the panic hangover I can barely make it through the day. But the real fun begins when you think you would drop from bein sooo tired and then the panic grabs me again. I just ordered the program and hoping for success. I would like to be able to be medication free.( but wouldn't we all?) I would absolutely love to hear from someone who used this program sucessfully and would love some online support. I feel like I am wearing out my husband and I don't want to loose him over this. I will say Thanks in advance for any help or support.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:32 pm

Hey!
Welcome to the group! This program is working very well for me, and I was anxious ALL the time about one obsessive thought or another! I am only on Week 2 and I can already feel the benefits. This program has helped people who'd been on medication and had been to many Doctors and not found help. This program WILL help you! :)
Your husband loves you, and he sees a fun, loving you, that you don't see yourself right now. :)
Anyways, welcome and whenever you have a problem everyone on here is always very friendly!

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:16 pm

Well hello there. I am new also. I have Twin boys who are going to be six next month. My anxiety has been quite bad since the birth of my boys also. However it has got out of control the past couple of years.

I am on week two right now.

I feel the same way about my husband. I feel like I am going to lose him over this. He just keeps telling me I love you and you can do this.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:49 pm

I don't sleep either. Bedtime is terrible anxiety for me. I use a sleeping med, and you're going to get a wonderful relaxation tape with the program. I have trouble using mine b/c my hubby is trying to sleep and has to get up super early to work. Reading is also a help for me. Good luck and welcome. Message me anytime you need to. Beverly

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:54 pm

Your husband loves you and beleives in you. You must beleive in yourself! You are a winner if you want to be.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:59 pm

Its bedtime now and I feel terrible. I am so tired but I know I will be fighting for every bit of sleep. Thanks to all of you who responded so far. I hate the feeling of being alone in all of this. It feels like I'm the only one up. Everyone else is snuggled into bed resting. I sit up praying to get some relief from the mental anguish that comes with this. Sleep is when my mind will turn off and give me a break. Please tell me this gets better. I am off to fight these night time demons and I am hoping to get some rest. I look forward more comments from all of you ---it helps, Thanks.

honeydew3

Post by honeydew3 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:26 pm

Yes, I can relate to the sleep problem especially now that I have to get up early for my new job. My first day I slept maybe an hour. A sleep med has really helped but I don't want to rely on this forever. Reading does help but also having time to yourself before bed to chill before bed. I worry too about my husband continue to accept me. He tells me I am not as bad as I think I am. He is so wonderful. Yours probably feels the same way. Good luck!

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:29 am

Hello, I definitely relate to you in more ways than one. I have a 2 month old daughter & a six year old daughter. I also have a great partner, who I know loves me and our children tremendously. He is God sent. I too at one point felt like he was going to leave me, but I pray to God to also give my entire family strength during this trying time. Your husband loves you & he just doesn't understand what you are truly going through & is trying to help you.
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:01 am

Hello,
I too had the same prblem with sleep. AGH! Horrible. I find that when I lay there I have to much time to think, my mind just races. So, my solution was to do a crossword, read and then listen to the relaxation cd. I find that I concentrate on the words so much my eyes begin to get tired and I then dont have the will power to stay awake. This is all normal and it will pass. Try exercising for even a few minutes a day. It has really helped me out. Stretch before bed! I hope that you all find some relief and yes, sometimes I still struggle but I know how to deal with it. Thank goodness!

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:03 pm

I know words can be cheap. This program does work...It worked for me. I didn;t think that anything could help. I forced myself to stick with it, I thank God that I did. Do not get discouraged!! You will learn valuable coping skills in this program, they will help you!! Hang in there, put forth the effort needed. You will not be disappointed. You are probably scared and confused right now. These will pass. Keep a good, honest journal. This helps soo much.....I'm pretty certain that your husband loves you, and will continue to. Hang in there....

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”