Some of you may remember...

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
luvlife

Post by luvlife » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:55 am

Last November I lost my grandson in a tragic auto accident. I have been through a session of grief therapy and with this program, I feel like I have come a long way in my progress - except Ethan's interment will be this afternoon at 5pm. (He had been cremated) This brings everything back up to the surface where it again becomes fresh and raw and the pain in my heart is heavy. As a Christian, is it wrong to ask "Why"? Just needed to vent, I am just really sad today. Blessings, Judy
"Life is not waiting for the storm to pass ~ it's learning to dance in the rain."

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:32 am

Luvlife, first of all, I am so sorry for your loss, My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. God is the creator of comfort, therefore you will be comforted at the perfect time! Grief is something that you must go through, it even speaks of a specific time of grieving in the bible. It what helps us heal. However, we must always keep our eyes onChrist Jesus as we are dealing with the grief of loss. Don't be hard on yourself, let the comforter(holy spirit) work in you. Why is a common response to lifes afflictions. Even Jesus asked his father "why?" remember on the cross when he said, "Father, WHY has thou forsaken me"? You will be okay, and please know that we are praying for you all!
from my my lips, to Gods ears,
Robin

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:36 am

Judy I am so sorry for your tragic loss. It will be a very difficult day for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

It is only natural that all your feelings will resurface regarding your grandson's loss. Let yourself feel what it needs to feel, don't try to fight it beacuse I think that makes our anxiety/depression worse.

Take care of yourself today and over the next few days. God Bless.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:44 am

Judy,

I am truely sorry about the loss of your grandson! Glad you got some therapy for yourself. I just wanted to send you a smile and a hug! You need one! I hope you're not so sad. We care about you! I'll keep you in my prayers!

Dee :)

Luli

Post by Luli » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:11 am

LuvLife
I lost my nephew at 21yrs old in a car accident.
As a christian, i definitely beleive God knows we ask why? I know many times i have. My sister in Law told me a few days after it happened, she asked why, for a single moment. She would miss him terribly, he was her son, her youngest son.
I asked her how she could bare such a loss as a child, she told me, ONLY through the STrength of God can we endure anything in life, especially the loss of a child.
That her son was setting at with Christ in heaven. Her Constant faith has brought her through many hardships, just as it will yours.
Its okay to ask why? Just know that your grandson is not alone, and being very well taken care of by Our Creator. My prayers are with you.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:50 am

I am so sorry for your loss. It is okay to ask God why. There will come a time, if not on "this" side of heaven, that your question will be answered.May God give comfort to you and your family and surround you with His love.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:47 pm

Bless all of you for your words of encouragement, your sincere concern, caring and prayers. The interment service was beautiful - a wonderful sunny warm day with billowing clouds that I am sure Ethan put there. There were a lot of students there along with family and extended family and each wrote a note to "E" and they were to be placed in the vault. His brother and sister cut the string of balloons and they went straight to those clouds, you could see them for miles. What an awesome moment for all of us...It was actually a celebration - for all that knew and loved him and his beautiful smile. Thank you all for your words and for letting me share this special event with you. God Bless and Keep each and everyone of you. Peace and Joy - Judy

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:22 pm

DANCE! DANCE! DANCE! Life is a circle & it will come back to you someday! No one lives forever in this place we call earth! Spirits live on & reconnect! You will one day reconnect with all those you have loved & lost! My thoughts and prayers are with you! Nothng is ever really lost, just temporarily displaced! Keep your faith!

Julene G.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:40 pm

My prayers are with you during this difficult time. It's normal to ask Why?

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”