Overwhelmed--Any Tips?

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Thwitt

Post by Thwitt » Sun May 18, 2008 3:22 pm

I watched the Jump Start video the other day and felt overwhelmed after watching it. It might have just been me having too high expectations of myself to make sure I grasped everything the first time. Has anyone else had this experience?

Also, I'd love to hear any tips on how to integrate the program into daily life (like when you have found are the best times and places to listen to the CD's, etc.).

Thanks for your help!

Post by Guest » Sun May 18, 2008 3:37 pm

I listened to tape #1 about three times before I did the workbook. And so on. You don't have to get it all at once. Take your time and don't be in a hurry. Sometimes I think I should be doing another one but have decided I will do it at my own pace. Hope it helps

Post by Guest » Sun May 18, 2008 4:35 pm

I was a little overwhelmed at first too after watching the initial coaching dvds, but the overwhelmingness (not sure that's a word but the 102 degree heat here has gotten to me today) goes away. All the sessions build on each other and if you do the exercises in the workbook it gets easier. I'm going thru it for the second time now and feeling much more relaxed about it all. I listen to the relaxation tape at night in bed (all three times), and listen to the session cds in the morning then go thru the workbook and journal my goals etc right after. My journal went everywhere with me so I could jot down all me negative thoughts when they came up. Some people here have listened to the CDs on the way to work and back. You don't need to be in a hurry. In fact, it's probably better if you're not. Good luck and don't think you need to grasp everything at once, that's why they recommend you go thru it twice and review previous sessions. Repetition will get it to sink in.

Post by Guest » Sun May 18, 2008 5:02 pm

Yes I felt overwhelmed too at first and called to actually return the kit before the free trial period. The nice lady on the phone gave me a few sugestions because I was frustrated that this kit was something else on my plate to do. She suggested I skip to the Lesson 13 which is time management. I listen to it after i drop off the kids. I will admit that I have not listened to it this week but have been on the site quite a bit. Anyway tomorrow is another day so I will give it a try again.

Post by Guest » Sun May 18, 2008 6:15 pm

Take your time! You're worth it! This program was not meant to be done in a couple of weeks. I started the program March 30th and I'm now working in the second workbook and 4-9 tapes. In fact, I truly believe the more you listen to the same tape several times the more you receive from this program. This is a busy and stressful life, that's why we ordered the program in the first place and I have learned so much about myself and why I have had panic and depression all these years. PLEASE find time - let the dishes go for an hour, trust me they will still be there when you're done listening to your tape. YOU need this time for yourself. I'll be praying that you find that extra time.
Blessings, Judy

<span class="ev_code_RED">Life is not waiting for the storm to pass ~ it's learning to dance in the rain."</span>

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”