Gotta quick question, please.

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Music Fan

Post by Music Fan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:29 pm

Last year I joined this site and was put into a May Peer Support group. I saved the link as a favorite. When I click on it now I notice no one has posted forever. Do they do the peer support groups by months still?? Or have they changed it so you move through the various forums for each session at your own pace. Just want to be sure I'm not missing out on something that could be helpful to me since I went dormant for almost a year.

Also, what forums do YOU like here? Sometimes I wonder where I should be posting things. Is this forum the most active one?

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:45 pm

It doesn't look like many (if any) people post on their specific month support group anymore. It seems everyone posts here now. I don't know where my February people are.

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:09 pm

I just started in March, and at first people posted a lot, but as everyone progressed in the program there was less posting, maybe as people improved, but maybe as some dropped out.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:26 pm

I noticed that also no one is new on here. they are all probaly locked up someplace because of trying to work this sick program. That these people sell to sick people.I am so glad I went off this program and went into therapy a sick mind does not get better by its self.And this program makes one sicker.Also makes me mad its still be sold to mentally ill people.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:33 pm

Try the group session if you think you feel bad now.Go in there you will want to cut your head off afterwards.This is not a place for new or people with any sense to go into.I was insulted by most everyone in there.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:35 pm

Sorry to say its the same as it was last year at this time .No one posts on here to sick Is my guess.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:27 pm

Hi, Music Fan, that's a good question. I've been looking for my old bunch too--I started last June 07. I see a few around here and there. I have gone back to my old messages and click on a certain person, then click on view recent posts. This tells me if the person has actively written anything lately. Where the folder exists though I just don't know. I guess I guess this way is thru the back door. Anyone out there with more info? Thanks!

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:42 pm

Shastalee, I just started and am curious as to why you feel like that about the program? Did you improve at all, even in the beginning, and maybe get frustrated later? Or did you dislike it the whole way through. What was the worst part about it for you, or about the group sessions? Thanks

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:36 am

ErinLT, I agree. Wow, talk about negative. I was under the impression that people were supposed to be supportive. I'm also curious as to why Shastalee had such an issue with the program. Maybe some insight that we are not getting...

epa

Post by epa » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:51 am

The admin has said on here that the on line support group was an added feature for us if we want to use it. Some people say it's too upsetting to hear other people's problems and some people say it really helps them. I guess it all depends on how it effects you. I find it interesting and helpful but other people might not. As for the program itself, it has helped me tremendously.
ATTITUDE -- The mind is like a parachute...it doesn't work unless it's open!!

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”