One small step

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Schpludoinkle

Post by Schpludoinkle » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:54 pm

I just had to share my small accomplishment with my fellow emetophobes out there and anyone else willing to listen. I was able to go to the store down the street to pick up some refreshments even though I was extra anxious and sick to my stomach. I usually don't do ANYTHING when I feel like that. I won't eat, hardly drink and the last thing I want to do is leave my house. But I decided after telling myself I won't be able to do it, that I CAN do it. So I took my session 2 flashcard and just kept repeating everything to myself on the way there and inside of the store. I was able to stay pretty calm and once I left the store I actually even felt better. My sick stomach was practically gone and I was just happy that I had been able to do that in the state I was in. My plan is to keep taking these small steps and hopefully soon I can do even more. :D
Live in your world get pwned in mine.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:26 pm

Wow! That is so great! im soo proud of you. i can tell youre really trying. I brought my session 2 flashcard with me today too at work!! put it in my apron and when i was off work i actually wanted to stay and work more. it was cool. im glad were going through the program together! i belly danced today (not long)for my exercise. ANYWAY, congrats to you. that seriously is an accomplishment!!

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:17 am

Thanks for the reply Holly, I know I was proud of myself too =D. That's great that you wanted to stay longer at work. I wish my job made me feel like that :) It is nice to have someone to go through the program with that is where you are at as well. I look forward to us getting past this. Belly dancing has always sounded fun, I might have to try that out some time. I will talk to yah later!

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:31 am

I think you both are advancing and that is very encouraging. A small step at a time is what worked for me also. Congrats to both of you for having the courage to take those steps. :) You can do this, one step at a time.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”