Meds & more Meds

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Bill67

Post by Bill67 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:51 pm

I been dealing with anxiety & depression for more than 2 years now. It started after i had a one time afair 2 summers ago. I been fixated on the fact that i have "high risk" Hpv in my mouth because i developed a tiny swollen lymph node on my left side of the neck two days after contact. I've been too many docs and many tests but knowing that there is no test for men has driven me to a state of panic and anxiety. My blood work is good and the M R I's show that the lymph node is not swollen but i can feel it. I've been on Celexa,Lexapro, Cymbalta Effexor & Wellbutrin and the doc put me on Zyprexa and then Invega to stop my "psychotic" thinking! My wife has been tested and the results were negative. I'm tired of my thoughts going out of control. The meds have made me more anxious with bouts of insomnia. I have taken myself off all medication except for klonopin, which helps a little, but only masks my anxiety. I've reduced caffeine and sugar and joined a gym. I'm using this program, now on Session 3, as a last result to get me through this trying time. I've also decided to try some supplements such as 5-HTP and L-Theanine because I've read that long term anxiety depletes serotonin. I cry all the time and this is a symptom of low serotonin. I try positive thinking, but still end up crying. I don't want to take the prescription meds anymore because the side effects are horrible and they seem to give me worse thoughts. If anyone has any thoughts or experience please respond.

getting thru this

Post by getting thru this » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:18 pm

bill 67 i really am sorry but i think you are trying to go off meds and try others i also did this and had bad results later i realized i tried to med myself i talked to my dr and he put me on the right anxiety pill and i take few vitamins talk to your dr also when we can not forgive ourselves for things they tend to linger on after everyone else forgives us

getting thru this

Post by getting thru this » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:20 pm

also sometimes trying to do too much of off and on meds and stopping so much can have withdrawal effects which can make anxiety worse

india_6

Post by india_6 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:29 pm

It seems I have been on just about every medication known to man. I am no longer on anything except xanax that I only take when I absolutley have to. This program has helped me a lot, and I think it will help you too. Once you learn more of the skills, you might be able to get off more of your meds. Or it will at least make the transition easier. I'm a little confused about some things though. Does your wife know about the affair? Either way, I'm sure a lot of your anxiety has stemmed from guilt. That is something you need to deal with and forgive yourself for, and it should lessen your stress tremendously. Secondly, do you have hpv, or are you "worried" that you may have it?

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”