embarrassing questions

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
goldilox

Post by goldilox » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:29 pm

Hi..
I have no clue if this is even a question I should be asking or will get answers to, but I have a husband who I believe has some anxiety problems. However, he is in denial. He also has what they call "performance anxiety" i guess you could say. I have tried to talk to him about it and get things fixed but he seems to think that as long as I know he's attracted to me the problem is okay. Is there any way to fix this? Does it really require counselling, and if so, does that even help? What should I tell him to do?

bevhembree

Post by bevhembree » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:37 pm

I tried to get my ex to go to a doctor to discuss the problem. I still hurt that he didn't care enough about having a phsical relationship with me to go. He was embarassed or hiding something (maybe he is gay, but I suspect he is asexual).
I know there are ways to help those with performance anxiety and being intimate is so important in a relationship. Lack of it and lack of communicating (one shutting the other out) and lack of seeking help causing hurt, stress, anger, misunderstanding and growing apart among other things. I suggest you both go to the doctor together and be supportive and loving and positive that together you can work through it. Best of luck!
"Here and happy because of my three little angels- Marie, Chad and Cady."

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”