Guilt at Work

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
Hoopznyoyo

Post by Hoopznyoyo » Mon May 04, 2009 1:30 pm

Today I made a mistake at work. Not too serious and no one was injured or anything. It was me forgetting to submit an article, which had run previously the month before. I thought it would be best to be honest and admit my error instead of pretending it didn't happen. I'm not sure of that now. My boss is not understanding and at some point I will feel the full blast of his anger. How do I stop worrying/thinking about it and getting myself sick. In less than 5 minutes this morning I went from feeling fine to actually sick to my stomach. Any suggestions?

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Wed May 06, 2009 6:24 pm

Hoop...I think you made the right decision by being honest. Your boss will get over it!!!
It will dissolve...It really is "No Big Deal"

Try under-reacting to this...Getting yourself all worked up isn't going to help you are anyone else...

We all make mistakes, and I am sure your boss knows that!!! No one is perfect all the time...

Try to chill out, and not think about it anymore...If you feel a need to worry, then, make sure to schedule a worry time...

Just don't let that "worry time" be now...
*~*~Now I'm letting down my guard and I'm opening my heart. Help me speak your love to every needful ear. Jesus is waiting
Not too far from here, Jesus is waiting Not too far from here~*~*

Post by Guest » Wed May 06, 2009 6:26 pm

BTW...Guilt trip...I won't buy the ticket!!!!

Post by Guest » Sun May 17, 2009 11:41 am

thanks for your suggestions

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:02 pm

Just let it go and keep moving. :)

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”