Guilty for everything

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
Moontale

Post by Moontale » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:34 pm

Is amazing how guity I get for everything right now, I started this job a couple of weeks ago but since I worked there before and they tissed me a lot about the gay thing before, I got very either agressive, passive or assertive since I have been there and they got the point on the gay thing but now they are making jokes of me being too sensitive. I know it Doesn't look good having all this reactions. I mean I got better being assertive but I haven't been able to control being very agressive or very passive.........I wish I could but is just coming out without control yet.....that makes it look like I am being tossed around..I know I have to praise myself for the baby steps and I do, but why am I second guessing myself for everything I do, I mean I know when the jokes are on you they pick up on everything and that is irritating but I already told them I don't like it in an assertive way, they backup a little bit but they keep pushing it and since I don't have a sense of humor about it, it make it worse...I actually took a position of being serious, if somebody is respectful I answer, if not I just keep on ignoring them.........is that the right position or what? I just want them to stop and what else you can do if you explained but they keep being jerks......

MsPurple

Post by MsPurple » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:34 am

I'm sorry you're having to go through this. From a teaching perspective, I would just repeatedly tell them I don't like it. You said you ignore them, but I'm guessing that doesn't work. They may even view it as childish (as if they aren't!). I work with kids and as a teacher, if a kid does something I've already explained I don't like, I don't respond to what they said. I say, "I'm sorry. I can't talk to you right now because you are still behaving in a way that offends me. I've already explained why I don't like your behavior, so when you decide to act more mature, I'll be glad to speak with you." Maybe they would see that as mature and learn to respect you, you know? Anyway, I hope that helps.

Moontale

Post by Moontale » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:30 pm

Thank You....I will try that:)

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”