on session 9 can I go back to session 3 for a week?

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
colleenf

Post by colleenf » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:26 am

I am on session 9 and starting to feel like I might be forgetting the positive self talk. will it screw up the program if I stopped and did week 3 again?

Colleen

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:43 am

Hi coleen, I'm on session 9 as well.

I noticed that you just registered in here in January. Lucinda suggests staying on each session 1 week.

Would listening to the session 3 cd help? I remember reading somewhere to expect to feel uncomfortable/unsure at this point as we work on and face our avoidances and limitations. pinkee

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:16 am

hi yes I have been doing this program since October. i just finally registered. Besides not being online I have followed the program weekly.

I just feel like I am forgeting the positive self talk. I am facing a linitation tomorrow and I guess I am nervous.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:20 am

Are you remembering to write down your negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones? I had slacked off and I could tell a difference.

I would love to keep in touch since we're on the same session. pinkee

Zoogirl

Post by Zoogirl » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:28 pm

no i wasn't doing that. I went and listened to session 3 again and I feel a lot better. I am going to do the spiral notebook again. I guess we are on the same page :) yes I would love to keep in touch. Colleen
"The difficulties do not continue forever, yet the value of making it through them will always be yours."

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:03 pm

So glad that helped, Colleen. And, by the way, I just started session 9 today. I listened to the cd and read through some of the homework. It's alot of work, of course you're feeling uncomfortable! When I got to the "forgiving list" I just sighed to myself :o), thinking, this is going to be tough. Honestly, I know it's going to probably my biggest assignment since beginning the program, but, I can see the need and will begin my list probably tomorrow or day after. I am proud of myself for committing to the program and working really hard at it. I am starting to feel progress. talk soon, good luck, pinkee

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:45 am

good for you, and yes the forgiveness list was really hard but boy has it felt so good to let things go. Well I am facing one of my fears today and taking my son to the dentist. it is going there by myself driving etc that I am fearful of. Wish me luck!!! Have you had any limitations? Have you been able to start to face any yet??

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:14 am

Colleen, I sent you a private message.

Yes, I have limitations and avoidances, but I work on them almost daily. You will be fine bringing your son today, remember your new tools! Let me know how it goes for you, pinkee

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:09 am

If Iwere you I would go back to session 3. Yes, it is one session per week but, any valuable information that can help, just re-do. I know that although I am on session 9 I reviewed session 2 a couple of days ago. There isn't a time limit. Just work at your pace and review.

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”